Kuznetsov >>> Tarasenko?

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
From this tournament, I'm getting the feeling that though Tarasenko has always been more hyped, Kuznetsov may actually become the better player. He looks like he just needs to fill out a bit more and he can be a real force and be better than Tarasenko. Thoughts?

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I disagree and I'm a caps fan. I think Kuznetsov might be the better two way player in the future but he doesnt have the top-end talent that Tarasenkov have. Got a good feeling they will be great players both though

StamkosOneTimer

Jun 29, 2010
Absolutely loved both players. Both look very dynamic and smart on the ice. Jealous of St Louis and Washington.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I like them both, but i've always like kuznetsov more, and this tourney hasnt done anything to change that for me.

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
No way, Kauznetsov is great player, but Tarasenko's potential is elite. And all you Tarasenko bashers, do you know, that he played tournament through injury? In finals, Russians coach asked him to leave game because his ribs were damaged. But he refused leave the team and even scored game tying goal. He made all overhyped Canadians look like fools with his speed and skill. But yeah, according to HFboards Gudbranson (who was terrible) is TOP 3 talent and Tarasenko bordeline scoring line player :help:

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
well to answer the OP's thread title;

Kuznetsov >>> Tarasenko.... Hell No. Kuznetsov >Tarasenko ... maybe, but IMO Tarasenko will make more of an immediate impact in the NHL, he is exactly what St.Louis is waiting for, a finisher, and already has a super build to slot right in. Although both will end up making sizeable contributions to their respective teams.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Tarasenko has something special that Kuznetsov doesn't have. I'm not playing Kuzya down (how could I?), only that Tarasenko is more complete.

I think that would be Tarasenko's leadership qualities, which emerged in this tournament. I am still upset the Rangers passed on this kid.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
A lot will change for both players in the next few years.

I think in some ways that Kuznetsov has an easier chance to slot into Washington's system and be successful right away. Not sure that I feel that way with St. Louis. They're going to need him to produce relatively early, where Washington can afford to let him learn a bit before he's expected to contribute offensively at a higher level.

As far as ceiling, I still think Tarasenko might be more of the sure thing in some ways, but I don't know that either has done anything to dissuade the idea that they're both going to be very good NHL players. How good? Well, I think it's difficult to surmise until we see them here.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Tarasenko has a more NHL playing style. I'd take the tougher, stockier player, and the skill is pretty equal.

Jaden Schwartz and Vlad Tarasenko are both ELITE talent. Add that to the St. Louis D, and you have a future powerhouse.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
I disagree and I'm a caps fan. I think Kuznetsov might be the better two way player in the future but he doesnt have the top-end talent that Tarasenkov have. Got a good feeling they will be great players both though

Kuznetsov absolutely has the top end talent that Tarasenko has. In fact, Kuznetsov is more skilled than Tarasenko imo. The advantage that Tarasenko has is his body type, but it's entirely possible that Kuznetsov's higher skill eventually nullifies that advantage.

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
It also should be noted that Kuznetsov and Tarasenko have both been very productive for their respective KHL teams, basically the same point totals with Kuznetsov having the edge in goals iirc, and they just played in a prominent tournament where Kuznetsov was just as impactful as Tarasenko, perhaps more so, and Kuznetsov is doing all of this at a younger age (still eligible to play in next years tournament.)

So not only is Kuznetsov Tarasenko's equal (at least) in terms of skill, but he's matching his production at the highest levels of hockey. The OP's question is very legitimate imo.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
No way, Kauznetsov is great player, but Tarasenko's potential is elite. And all you Tarasenko bashers, do you know, that he played tournament through injury? In finals, Russians coach asked him to leave game because his ribs were damaged. But he refused leave the team and even scored game tying goal. He made all overhyped Canadians look like fools with his speed and skill. But yeah, according to HFboards Gudbranson (who was terrible) is TOP 3 talent and Tarasenko bordeline scoring line player :help:

So did Kuznetsov. He apparently has issues with both shoulders and might miss the rest of the KHL season.

Kuznetsov is more skilled, but Tarasenko seems to have more physical tools. Both have sky-high potential, though Tarasenko is probably a bit lower risk.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Scored the game tying goal withh fresh broken ribs despite his coach trying to get him to pack it in, then he assisted on the game winner. Clutch !

" He is the best Captain of my life "

Now I am a bit biased, but Taresenko's intangables make him the better player IMO. Both are great but I would rather have Teresenko on my team (which hopefully we will next fall) .

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Kuznetsov is having surgery on both shoulders, almost immediately. The injury issues were there for both players. Intangibles? They wouldn't have made it past the Finns, but for Kuznetsov, who also played a pivotal role on the second and third goals yesterday. Both showed leadership in spades.

Looks like a toss-up at the moment. Neither team is unhappy today, that's for sure.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
i think tarasenko will be better. kuznetsov is a center right? if so he'll never get a chance to get more points in the nhl because of backstrom. but with orlov and kuznetsov coming in, the caps have no reason to not win the cup within the next 5 years.(so kuz will be more sucessful,trophies wise)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
i think tarasenko will be better. kuznetsov is a center right? if so he'll never get a chance to get more points in the nhl because of backstrom. but with orlov and kuznetsov coming in, the caps have no reason to not win the cup within the next 5 years.(so kuz will be more sucessful,trophies wise)
He plays RW for Traktor and is more of a natural fit there but the Caps believe he can play center in the NHL. Seems smart to at least start him off on the wing at the NHL level, though, unless he is more well-rounded and physically mature by the time he comes over.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL

LOL_WUT_by_OneAzureSky.jpg

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
Just what the thread needed, a Pens fan posting a "lol wut" image! If only every thread could have a "lol wut" pic in it the level of discussion would be greatly enhanced. Don't feel compelled to type out a response to this post either. By all means, a "u mad" pic will suffice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad