News: Kuznetsov Requested a Trade From WSH

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Not surprising given we've heard that WSH was looking to trade Kuznetsov but as far as I know that's the first I've seen that Kuznetsov himself requested a trade outta Washington.

"Center Evgeny Kuznetsov followed one of his best NHL seasons in 2021-22 with one of his worst in '22-23, and he requested a trade as well.

Over the years, the Caps have typically tried to accommodate players who ask to be moved. But trying to make a hockey trade to improve the top six has proven to be difficult, given the current trade market combined with yet another year of a flat salary cap, a condition that has led to the aggressive buyouts and dumping of players MacLellan mentioned. Many trades made this summer involved teams retaining salary on players they needed to move, and the Caps are reluctant to do so in any deals they might make."

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
For me, Kuznetsov falls in the category of Ryan Johansen, Matt Duchene. Teams would be interested, if Washington eats up 50% and even then basically for free. If Washington is insisting on unloading his whole contract and getting something of value back, I have bad news for GM MacLellan...

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
For me, Kuznetsov falls in the category of Ryan Johansen, Matt Duchene. Teams would be interested, if Washington eats up 50% and even then basically for free. If Washington is insisting on unloading his whole contract and getting something of value back, I have bad news for GM MacLellan...
I'd do Joseph and a 2nd for Kuznetsov at 5.3 mill.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I feel like Nashville is a potential landing spot.
Nashville undoubtedly kicked the tires back in the days leading up to the Duchene/Johansen dismissals. But since Washington had no interest in those guys, Trotz went a different direction. Now he has his team. I don't think there's any spot open for Kuznetsov now.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
At best the return is nothing. At worst it’s nothing after retaining 50%.

If I am a team with capspace and no chance to make noise for even making the playoffs int he next couple seasons I might take a chance for free. Hell take him for free then turn around and trade him for 50% off, you could get decent value that way

Reactions: teugen

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not surprising given we've heard that WSH was looking to trade Kuznetsov but as far as I know that's the first I've seen that Kuznetsov himself requested a trade outta Washington.

"Center Evgeny Kuznetsov followed one of his best NHL seasons in 2021-22 with one of his worst in '22-23, and he requested a trade as well.

Over the years, the Caps have typically tried to accommodate players who ask to be moved. But trying to make a hockey trade to improve the top six has proven to be difficult, given the current trade market combined with yet another year of a flat salary cap, a condition that has led to the aggressive buyouts and dumping of players MacLellan mentioned. Many trades made this summer involved teams retaining salary on players they needed to move, and the Caps are reluctant to do so in any deals they might make."

Avs will take him at 50% retained for the draft rights to “future considerations”.

I bet he and Nuke would have instant chemistry together. For better or worse. Can we keep them in different hotels?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think Chicago should take a serious look. It would give Bedard some shelter and and another good powerplay teammate. Also a good buy low, sell high opportunity if they flip him at the deadline.

Reactions: 67 others

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
How low is his stock these days? I know last year was a down year but I guess I still have memories from the Capitals peak years.

I know the cap ceiling has played a huge role across the NHL the past year or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad