Kuznetsov : 21st player in NHL history to reach 30 points

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I admit the first time I saw his celebration, I wondered why he did it because I thought it was ridiculous too but when I knew it was for his daughter, I didn't have a problem with it anymore. But hating Kuznetsov only because his celly is really ridiculous too.

So thinking that he looks like a dumbass (which he does) means you hate the guy? Come on.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
So thinking that he looks like a dumbass (which he does) means you hate the guy? Come on.
Exactly, a hater by definition is a person who greatly dislikes a specified person or thing and in this case it's his celebration. :rolleyes:

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
Kuznetsov has always been one of those players I have disliked (or even "hated") because how they have been celebrating goals etc. and how arrogant they have seemed. I have posted it earlier, there just wasn't any logical explanation, I just didn't like him. But I have to admit now... after these playoffs and Caps winning the cup... he truly is a great player and imho the difference maker during Cap's run. I'm sorry if I ever doubt you Evgeny, you deserve your spot as one of the best centers in this league and your playoff performance was nothing short of Conn Smythe.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
By this "logic" wasnt every player playing against AHL back ups?
It wasn’t just the goalies tho... most players of that era were crap. The talent gap between the top and bottom of the league was far larger than now.

Gretzky was certainly the best of his era, and still arguably the best ever respective of their era, but if you put Gretzky as he was size, training and all into today’s league, his fans would be disappointed. Hockey players are generally better today.

Edit: not to say he’d necessarily be bad.

I’d put it as... “hockey IQ” doesn’t change much over time. If you ‘get’ the game, if you can anticipate other players moves, you’ll be a better player. Skill does change.

If you apply the same IQ in a league with much less skill and hockey knowledge (due to less intense training), you can astronomically increase your points. Gretzky just got the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: deejb

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
She'll grow up one day. Those clips will exist forever.

297.png

Reactions: Chips

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad