Confirmed with Link: Kurashev arbitration comes in (2 x $2.25M)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Not sure where the arbitrator is getting his value being 2.25M. His value is pretty close to the Hawks ask. I could see it coming in slightly higher for year 2. Averaging to like 1.6M AAV over 2 years, but 2.25 is kinda ridiculous. Nothing to base that number on either.

Reactions: hn777

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Good - happy it's done and since the amount doesn't exceed the "walk away" amount the Hawks can't walk away from it. It was interesting the Hawks chose 2 years instead of 1 year. That could mean they value him enough to keep him around for 2 years - OR - it makes him more attractive as a trade asset with a 2nd year - especially if they retain some of that $2.25M.

In any case I hope LR lines him up with Reichel and they can build on the chemistry they had at the end of the season when Reichel had his short coming out party.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
In any case I hope LR lines him up with Reichel and they can build on the chemistry they had at the end of the season when Reichel had his short coming out party.
Reichel came back on 3-2 vs Stars

During time Kurashev/Reichel were on Hawks to end year at same time (3-2 thru 3-23)

Reichel
11 GP
1 G
3 A
4 pts

Kurashev
11 GP
1 G

There was no "Coming out party"

Reichel after Kurashev was shutdown

8 GP
4 G
4 A
8 pts

Reichel played great after Kurashev was shutdown, If anything Kurashev was pulling down Reichel and holding him back

Kurashev has done jack shit to be rewarded with playing with Reichel and its recipe for disaster forcing kid to have to try and carry someone as useless as Kurashev has been.

Anthanasou is the guy who played and produced with Reichel. Not Kurashev

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
433400B5-F5BF-449F-ABD4-EAFBB6973266.jpeg

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Lol at the hyperbole coming in with “terrible”. It doesn’t impact hawks cap at all. If he can be traded then great if not he will be off the books before the hawks have to sign anyone. As it is, he’s a guy who will be 24 that is signed for two years incase he decides to break out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
More than he probably should've gotten, but I still like his potential so glad he's here for two more years.

I like Davidson playing hard ball and letting this go to arbitration, though. Sure, he's given out some big dollar contracts to over the hill players, but we all know he's overpaying those guys for their locker room roles.

He needs to be tough in negotiations with these kids. Don't want guys like Reichel or his agent thinking Kyle's gonna just cave to contract demands.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I love how now that Kurashev is signed they had their roster go from 23 to 24 players, then capfriendly.com goes and demoted Reese Johnson…

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Imagine if Bowmans dumb ass actually put Kurashev into the Seth Jones trade instead of refusing to budge
Yeah, imagine if they could have gotten it done for Boqvist, Kurashev, 11 and 43 in 2022.
Sure, they don't have Allan or Dach but they possibly have Jiricek. And I say possibly because if the Hawks owned their 2022 pick there is a possibility it gets stripped.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
So Kurashev camp asked for one year $2.6 mill and the Hawks asked for two year $1.4 mill per…

Arbitrator awards TWO year at $2.2 mill…

So Kurashev gets $400,000 less than he wanted for this year($1.5 mill raise) and then the Hawks got him for already signed at no raise next season…hmmm

To think that the Hawks walked away from Antti Niemi over a messily $500,000, what a difference having flexibility with the cap brings! Great job Davidson

giza

Jul 19, 2011
There's something there....he just has to bring it all together.....speed, skill, good shot.....just has to figure it out more....maybe playing with Reichel is the key.

Reactions: Pile

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
There's something there....he just has to bring it all together.....speed, skill, good shot.....just has to figure it out more....maybe playing with Reichel is the key.
Agreed…I think what he’s missing is…Connor Bedard!

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
I would have been happy with that rate for 4 or 5 years over paying the first couple of years in hopes of getting a value on the last few years

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
At this point in his career Kurashev is a low end 3rd liner. He's being paid like a low end 3rd liner for 2 seasons.

The team is swimming in cap space. Especially next season with only 9 players taking up 34 mil in space (including dead cap). The team will have 50+ mil to round out the roster with (hopefully) an influx of rookies making the team.

If Kurashev is overpaid by 250k-500k it means nothing. Good for him. Hopefully he can upgrade his Whip.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Reichel came back on 3-2 vs Stars

During time Kurashev/Reichel were on Hawks to end year at same time (3-2 thru 3-23)

Reichel
11 GP
1 G
3 A
4 pts

Kurashev
11 GP
1 G

There was no "Coming out party"

Reichel after Kurashev was shutdown

8 GP
4 G
4 A
8 pts

Reichel played great after Kurashev was shutdown, If anything Kurashev was pulling down Reichel and holding him back

Kurashev has done jack shit to be rewarded with playing with Reichel and its recipe for disaster forcing kid to have to try and carry someone as useless as Kurashev has been.

Anthanasou is the guy who played and produced with Reichel. Not Kurashev

Well I see you proved my memory unreliable - I still like Kurashev and am rooting for him to do well.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad