Confirmed with Link: Kunin and #101 for Bonino, #37 and #70

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
well if your bringing up the past we lost 2 players instead of one last ED so explain what is your point? ps its not my fault our gm at the time didn't plan better for ED.
But now your complaining our GM is planning better for expansion?

Make up your mind (or think more critically)...

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
High end futures. Keep trading middle six players for futures and you keep getting middle six players at the draft. High first or blue chip center prospect actually might get you a top 6 center.

Plus there's really no need to keep him. We have a few options for RD that are mostly NHL ready, can use the cap space too.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
We still have 9 million in capspace. We could trade Dumba for McDavids 12 million dollar salary and still make the cap work.

Its a non issue.
WRONG its an issue what happens if kaprizov has a monster season and wants huge $$$$$$ better have the cap space to sign him right?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
WRONG its an issue what happens if kaprizov has a monster season and wants huge $$$$$$ better have the cap space to sign him right?
He won't get a huge mega deal. He just won't.

He may have a good season, I don't see him lighting it up and getting 80 points.

And I don't see him asking for 8.5 million.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
really? huh, TIL. I thought UFAs were exempted from the draft.

UFAs aren't exempt but each team has to expose a certain number of guys that are under contract for the following season

Reactions: HotDish

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
really? huh, TIL. I thought UFAs were exempted from the draft.
They don't need to be protected. But with the Vegas draft, there was a signing period exclusively for Vegas where if they signed one of your Free Agents, that was their pick.

That's technically what happened with Haula. He signed as a Restricted Free Agent.

Reactions: HotDish

thethirdhockeyman91

Jun 22, 2018
I'm going to be completely blunt, Guerin was a great player and seems like a great guy but he's a total meathead who has no business being a General Manager.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
A lot of Guerin's moves have looked kind of random when taken in isolation but when you look at it as a whole you can see the plan behind it. We might not be very good next year, but I think after that we will be on a path to success with a solid D, good young forwards and no major losses in the expansion draft. Right now he is just getting rid of the pieces that don't fit that plan. If the Wild don't make the playoffs next year they could get a pile of picks and prospects from moving Foglino, Bonino, Johansson, Greenway, and Hartman at the trade deadline. That plus our defense and the players in the pipeline is the foundation of a good team.

Last edited:
Reactions: WILDTATE10

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
At face value, I was ambivalent to this trade. Like Kunin a lot, but the value seemed fair. After our picks, I like the trade quite a bit. It does leave me a bit more confused with the Staal trade, but oh well. Figure out our goalie situation and I like where this team is sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad