Player Discussion: Kulemin - How much do we retain to move him?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Not to be heartless, but moving Kulemin may encourage Grabo to smell the coffee and make a decision about his medical situation.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not to be heartless, but moving Kulemin may encourage Grabo to smell the coffee and make a decision about his medical situation.

I doubt it. Grabo's still owed 10M.

Nobody in their right mind, no pun intended, would walk way from that.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
This guy is being underrated on here...

He led all our forwards with +13, he is also a good penalty killer

Do not get rid of Kulemin. Would rather get rid of Grabovski over Kulemin. Sure Kulemin is a little overpaid, but he is a good shutdown FWD. We need him.
He was the worst looking/playing player in the playoffs when it counted most.

I'd agree with his defense as a reason to keep him but we've evolved into a playoff team now, and I was never as PO'd at a player as I was at Kulemin in the TB series.

I mean he was so bad, I don't think I'd trust him to be a blood donor. The last time I saw such a ridiculously bad effort, I was watching Marko Kiprusoff on D. Mic the guy up and the second he got bumped I expect you'd hear the kid from Bad Santa moaning.

Graboski.....that one feels like DP is still on the roster and can't play both because he's hurt and awful at the same time.

If you can get rid of both of them, you do whatever it takes and try to be a winner, not a hoarder.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
He was the worst looking/playing player in the playoffs when it counted most.

I'd agree with his defense as a reason to keep him but we've evolved into a playoff team now, and I was never as PO'd at a player as I was at Kulemin in the TB series.

I mean he was so bad, I don't think I'd trust him to be a blood donor. The last time I saw such a ridiculously bad effort, I was watching Marko Kiprusoff on D. Mic the guy up and the second he got bumped I expect you'd hear the kid from Bad Santa moaning.

Graboski.....that one feels like DP is still on the roster and can't play both because he's hurt and awful at the same time.

If you can get rid of both of them, you do whatever it takes and try to be a winner, not a hoarder.

He is exactly like DP. The Islander game plan is to stick him on the ice and hope someone takes his head off or the last time. While I don't like this plan, there's not much else can be done. They should be able to deem him medically unfit for the NHL, but good luck proving that.

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Kulemin is the most unfairly maligned player on these boards. He's on a bad contract, but he's a better all around hockey player than most on the team. I want him to stay. I'd rather move Bailey or Grabo.

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Hate to say it but Bailey is here to stay and he will finally play his normal position at center. This will be the first season where he will have more responsibility than past years. I think he's ready.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Kulemin is the most unfairly maligned player on these boards. He's on a bad contract, but he's a better all around hockey player than most on the team. I want him to stay. I'd rather move Bailey or Grabo.

Maligned? lol, you are killing me stranger. The whole reason he is the first on the table is precisely because he has more value vs his contract. No one is taking Grabo minus a pick or two. Someone might actually bite on Kulemin.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008

agree.

What Kulemin delivers defensively and on the PK is very valuable - even more without Frans!

He had a horrible offensive/stats year last year and I wish he'd hit as much as Clutterbuck or Martin but Kulemin is what he is. He's not worth the contract but a very useful player who I never cringe when I see him on the ice (except in the offensive zone - he's lost)

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Maligned? lol, you are killing me stranger. The whole reason he is the first on the table is precisely because he has more value vs his contract. No one is taking Grabo minus a pick or two. Someone might actually bite on Kulemin.

I am glad you see some value in him, but there is no denying that he takes a ton of heat on these boards.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I am glad you see some value in him, but there is no denying that he takes a ton of heat on these boards.

Rightfully so. The often bashed Bailey produces better results on the score sheet and makes 800k less but is constantly ripped for being overpaid. What does that make Kulemin?

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Rightfully so. The often bashed Bailey produces better results on the score sheet and makes 800k less but is constantly ripped for being overpaid. What does that make Kulemin?

Kulie is bigger, better on the PK, plays more north to south, is willing to lay a big hit once in a while and is a beast along the side boards. Those things don't show up on the back of a hockey card but I would take Kulemin on my hockey team any day. I can't say the same for Josh Bailey who couldn't manage even 1 hit in a 2OT playoff game this past season.

Kulemin's contract is bad, but I have no problem with the way he plays the game or what he brings to the ice night in and night out.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The eye test shows Bailey to be worth a basket of pucks. What these two guys have in common is that Garth overpaid them. Bailey is the guy you trade, the last thing he hit was his chains on the floor while doing pushups.
That being said, neither one is going anywhere.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Kulemin, Grabovsky, Leddy and Boychuk were 4 key parts to the team's resurgence in 2014. Too bad that team didn't have more success. Started out so fun with the Coliseum rockin as it was the "last" season. Should've beaten the caps and then the Rangers in the 2nd round. That would've been awesome.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Kulemin, Grabovsky, Leddy and Boychuk were 4 key parts to the team's resurgence in 2014. Too bad that team didn't have more success. Started out so fun with the Coliseum rockin as it was the "last" season. Should've beaten the caps and then the Rangers in the 2nd round. That would've been awesome.
Grabo was soo important. Literally played every position in the top 9 other than Johnny's 1C. Could slot anywhere and had insane work ethic on the ice, Kulemin too.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Kuli is off to Russia.

His offense never materialized, solid PKer. Good forechecker.

Overpaid for a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad