News Article: Kulemin: All discussion here

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
gkfm7qU.gif

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
Man, this guy is a elite 3rd liner, who can step in to 2nd line spot and still look good. I would rather sign him then sign McClement.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Why would we never getting back draft picks in a trade??

Many teams need to exchange salary to fit new players under their cap. The lesser teams are reluctant, more than ever now, to part with their draft picks.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto

"Putin will not be pleased with your act of insolence. KGB have talk with Marty in Sochi"

Kulemin is a very good, defensive, gritty, 3rd line guy who battles every shift, is fast, strong, and has a great shot. We've seen his best, and seen his worst, and his worst is still a good 3rd line defensive player. If he gets hot, he can be a guy who scores you 10-20 goals in a season. This is the kind of player you sign, not trade; UFA or not.

kristenp

Jan 22, 2014
they were just speculating that kulie was chirping. don't think we know what he was actually saying to him :)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
they were just speculating that kulie was chirping. don't think we know what he was actually saying to him :)

Kuli was saying wait till Nonis gets my buddy Malkin here on the team.
Then we will light you up every game dirtbags.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
i hope nonis really tries to re sign kulemin instead of flipping him.

it seems like nonis is signing first come first serve and grabbing the hottest free agents like burke did, instead of prioritize a core and also making the painful choice of letting contributer/talent go like chicago.

he's signed kessel, bozak and a few others, but is probably going to try and sign ranger, mcclement etc. instead of looking in the system. so i think kulemin should be part of the core.

i think the core right now is obvious for the first few on my list and controversial in the next:

kessel, bernier, rielly, phaneuf, jvr

lupul, kadri, kulemin, gardiner, bozak

the rest can go or be traded if we can't sign them, because we really can fill out 2 lines from our farm system especially on D. i really would like komorov back though.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
i hope nonis really tries to re sign kulemin instead of flipping him.

it seems like nonis is signing first come first serve and grabbing the hottest free agents like burke did, instead of prioritize a core and also making the painful choice of letting contributer/talent go like chicago.

he's signed kessel, bozak and a few others, but is probably going to try and sign ranger, mcclement etc. instead of looking in the system. so i think kulemin should be part of the core.

i think the core right now is obvious for the first few on my list and controversial in the next:

kessel, bernier, rielly, phaneuf, jvr

lupul, kadri, kulemin, gardiner, bozak

the rest can go or be traded if we can't sign them, because we really can fill out 2 lines from our farm system especially on D. i really would like komorov back though.

UMM, you forgot the elephant in the room, Clarkson, he was signed to be part of the core, of that there should be no doubt.

leafstilldeath*

Kuli >>> Clarkson, McClement, Bozo, Raymond

Kuli needs to be locked up.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
I honestly wonder what it would cost to retain the guy, salary and term? You would have to think if the salary is the same then he wouldn't have a NMC.

You know. Leafs still need to do a better job of keeping their own players. He has played well lately, was non-existent for a year and a bit and you couldn't ask for a third line player that can give you more minutes to have a better skill set. I'm partial to the guy, he gives you these glimpses of the player he was two years ago and you want to love him and then you remember last year.

Whatever happens I have not one bad thing to say about this guy. He has worked hard and did the franchise proud.

leafstilldeath*

I love Kulie more than Bozak but Bozak is more valuable to this team because of our centre depth.

Agreed on all the others though/

Our C depth

Kadri
Holland
Bolland
McClement
McKegg
Smith

Unfortunately bozo is not tradable at the moment. When bolland returns i hope to see kuli in line up not moved because of lack of cap space.

Kuli is a valuable asset to us. He never takes a shift off and is defensively responsible and has offensive potential. Kuli should be resigned.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
Kule for Depres allows us to trade Gards and/or Franson. Better all around D man than both.

I love kule but its time for Jerry D'Amigo to take his spot. Immediate downgrade, yes, but the right thing to do for the long term.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Kuly looked really, really good at C last night.

Really good.

A natural.

Yes, early he was watching and trying to figure out where he needed to go.

Late in the season he was leading more, and demanding more of himself and linemates.

Especially after the TD, he just soared with the open dialogue he was having with Poni.

I think Burke or RW or both have said they'd have no problem with that line starting the season together next year.

I wonder if Kulemin would be better at center, he does seem to be better than Grabovski at the draw.

I would have liked to have seen this experiment years ago.

Well Red Kelly was converted at about age 32.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Kelly

Once Kelly arrived in Toronto, Imlach asked him to become a full-time centre, figuring that Kelly could easily match up against the Montreal Canadiens' Jean B̩liveau. The switch paid off. Already a great playmaker, Kelly turned Frank Mahovlich into one of the most lethal goal scorers in NHL history. He won his fourth Lady Byng Award in 1961. In his eight seasons with the Leafs, they won the Stanley Cup four times Рthe same number of times he'd won in Detroit.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Hope Kulie's bought himself a contract in the last month, it's be tragic to lose him to pay for a Clarkhole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad