News Article: Kulemin: All discussion here

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Dreger on #TSNDrive: #Leafs taking calls on Nikolai Kulemin.

https://twitter.com/TSN1050Radio/status/429393580101079040

More on Kulemin from @DarrenDreger: "This isn't going to be for a draft pick, Toronto needs a player they can insert into their lineup."

https://twitter.com/TSN1050Radio/status/429393792672604160

There's a thread on the Trade board, but not one here.

I'd much rather see Raymond be shown the door, but you have to think there's cap implications for next season. It would be very disappointing to see Kulie moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
They're taking calls on everyone. Typical Dreger ********, if someone calls you answer. This doesn't mean they're shopping him, looking to deal him etc.They're probably taking calls on lots of players, as is every other team.

ForSpareParts*

are these real twitter accounts?

why isn't it tweeted on dreger's twitter?

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
It's not like we are going to win the cup this year and Kuliemen certainly wouldn't be the one to push us over the edge.

Nonis I am sure knows what he wants and if it's too high there really isn't a choice, unless you want him to walk for nothing.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
One team that I think would like to get him is St. Louis. Would love if we could do a trade around Kulemin and Stewart, someone who seems to not be liked by Hitchcock. Kadri setting up Lupul and Stewart on the 2nd line could be lethal. He's getting 3rd line minutes over in St. Louis, more ice time with Kadri + Lupul and who knows, maybe we will get another JVR :nod:

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
They're taking calls on everyone. Typical Dreger ********, if someone calls you answer. This doesn't mean they're shopping him, looking to deal him etc.They're probably taking calls on lots of players, as is every other team.

They probably are shopping him. Can't afford him considering we have Clarkson.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Stinks. Looks like Leafs management is content on getting Bolland signed and not releasing him to UFA. I knew after that stupid Clarkson contract that we would eventually have to part with Kulemin.

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I don't think they want picks. I'm pretty sure they want a solid two way scoring winger to play with Bolland and Clarkson for less than what Kulemin wants #$$$$$$

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Why would we never getting back draft picks in a trade??

Because Nonis wants a roster player that can fill in a gap either short term or long term. If we were completely rebuilding picks would be suffice but we will most likely make the playoffs and need extra depth, so a roster player + pick would be something Nonis is most likely looking at.

I think Nonis wants something like 21-24 year old 3rd liner on a cheap contract + a pick for Kulemin.

Strategy

Sep 8, 2013
This is ridiculous. Kulemin is going to be forced to leave because we have an inferior David Clarkson on our team. Nonis should trade Clarkson before Kulemin, no question

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
I'd hate to be the guy paid to watch that phone
No kidding. You'd have the worst job security ever because there's no way another team is going to make a play for David Clarkson's $5.25m per year 7 year contract right now.... If the Leafs agree to retain half the salary, maybe they can trade Clarkson. But that would be a gross misuse of cap management. Nonis dun ****ed up and he has to lie in the bed he made.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
This is ridiculous. Kulemin is going to be forced to leave because we have an inferior David Clarkson on our team. Nonis should trade Clarkson before Kulemin, no question
Whos gunna take that contract? Seriously.

Kulemin is better than Clarkson in every way except fighting probably. Dude is way stronger on the puck and his feet than Clarkson ever will be, such a shame were going to have to lose Kulemin because of David ****ing Clarkson...What a plug...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad