Player Discussion Kuhlman or Blidh?

If the Bruins are desperate, who would you rather see in the lineup: Kuhlman or Blidh?

• Total voters

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think this is the perfect time to rotate some of these guys through to get a look at what they can bring and to see if/who can take the next step.

Kuhlman's certainly got the longest NHL look so far, but run a bit of a rotation with Blidh, Senyshyn, and other guys who could do well with a taste - like Hughes or even Filipe who's game can fit that 4th line role and might show something a little more than we expect at the NHL level, like we saw on D when Clifton got a look. Maybe it will come when they get some feedback from the Providence (or is it Marlborough) crew.

Reactions: Gordoff

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'd probably go with Blidh. He'll play hard, block shots, throw the body and try to get under the other teams skin. He just seems to fit the role of the 4th liner better than KK does.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Can't tell if it's a good sign to be debating who is the 16th forward or not haha.

I was not at all impressed with Blidh last night. He turned the puck over a few times and took a bad penalty. I've liked his energy previously but he wasn't bringing it last night. Hard to jump in after not playing a real game in almost a year so I'll cut him some slack.

Kuhlman doesn't bring anything offensively but usually plays pretty low event hockey. He doesn't really hurt the team but he also doesn't do much of anything. Somehow the puck is usually moving in the right direction when he's out there but I have a hard time attributing that to his play.

Gun to my head, I'd say why not give Zach Senyshyn or Matt Filipe a shot next time lol

Player Comparison: Anton Blidh vs. Karson Kuhlman | Stathead.com
blidh kuhlman.png
blidh kuhlman.png

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I would pick neither if a choice but KK brings a speed element and AB seems to get called for a lot of penalties like he is under a microscope.....

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I think both players can effectively be hidden on the 4th line. If that's the outlook though, probably shouldn't be playing in the first place. Given their age and what we've seen from them across multiple seasons, they are who they are IMO. Gun to my head, I would probably take Kuhlman. Just for the speed and skating factor.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Senyshyn about to pass both these guys :p

For me it’s kuhlman. I find blidh isn’t noticeable. At least kuhlman uses his speed well. I’d rather see neither to be honest.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
neither at this point. But the coolman is a better forechecker/pressures better due to good north-south skating

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Is this really the only options? If so, The lack of depth is concerning. Neither of these guys are nhl players.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Is this really the only options? If so, The lack of depth is concerning. Neither of these guys are nhl players.
When you’re one of the best teams in the league and depth aka the bench players are a concern then I’d like to say the bruins are in good position.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

did Kuhlman get in a fight I forgot about? Good for Karson

Lol I just looked it up, I forgot he open-iced Mathieu Perrault when Perrault wasn’t expecting it. Not really a dirty hit but Perrault got hurt and then Kuhlman held onto powerhouse Luca Sbisa for dear life

Blidh blew up Roman Josi, I remember applauding that

if you want somebody to plug and play on a middle 6 line you put Kuhlman out there because I think he’s mostly a net nothing. He’s got solid positioning and wheels and that’s about it

Blidh should be the filler for a spot on the 4th line. I do think that he would have gotten a longer look in an org with less depth on the 4th line

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
When you’re one of the best teams in the league and depth aka the bench players are a concern then I’d like to say the bruins are in good position.
We are one of the best teams in the league because we have by far the best line in the league. Depth kills us eventually as soon as they get injured are we play a team that can shut them down. If we are rolling Kuhlman and Blihd, we need help. This isn’t new, just same old.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They’re on their what- 16th forward? You’d be hard-pressed to find a better 16th forward than Kuhlman

marchand
Bergeron
Pasta
Krejci
Ritchie
Smith
Coyle
Frederic
Wagner
Kuraly
Bjork
Debrusk
Kase
Studnicka
Lindholm

depth aint much of an issue if you ask me

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
If it's based on performance in each guys' play in the NHL, I'll go with Senyshyn. Kuhlman pretty much just brings speed and Senyshyn looked faster than him. We know what Kuhlman can bring and it isn't top 12 stuff. Why not give more time to Senyshyn and see what he can do. Blidh is a worse option than Kuhlman to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad