Player Discussion Kuhlman or Blidh?

If the Bruins are desperate, who would you rather see in the lineup: Kuhlman or Blidh?

• Total voters

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oof, going to abstain from this one

Oh come on, imagine you had to choose one or the other and there was no third option- Bruins are decimated by injury and need to ice 12 forwards and one of them will be one of these guys.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
blidh has less offensive tools but is better suited for 4th line duties in my opinion. at the end of the day they are both 14th orr 15th on depth chart

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Kuhlman on the third line, Blidh on the 4th.

I don't want to break up Bjork, Kuraly, Wagner right now but Blidh fits in better with them than with Frederic and Coyle. So with the current injuries im going kuhlman.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I think either replacing anything but a 4th liner isnt ideal. Hopefully once AHL gets up and running we will have an option to call up someone playing well with top 9 potential. I voted Kuhlman, because he has shown in short runs that he can be a bottom 6 forward.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Oh come on, imagine you had to choose one or the other and there was no third option- Bruins are decimated by injury and need to ice 12 forwards and one of them will be one of these guys.
This like asking me to pick my favorite child, can’t be done my friend.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
IMO its not really a competition at the moment.

I realize there are many souring on Kuhlman. A lot of it has to do with him being put in way too high in the lineup. And more recently, he hasnt been great since rejoining the team- too small of a sample size for me in terms of full body of work though.

Also may be wiping boy of the week?

But the guy has shown in the past he has a motor and is a pretty bright two way forward. He is not a second liner. When he is actually going and playing his game, I would put him as a very effective fourth liner who can slide into the top 9 if need be but shouldn't stay there.

In fairness to Blidh and as I mentioned in his thread, the guy played his first pro game in almost a year last night. And only played 11 pro games total between the NHL/AHL last season.

But what we have seen of him in various short viewings thus far really hasnt left me asking for more. Even excluding his first game back in forever last night.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I ultimately picked Blidh. He’s a better choice for fourth line duties. Can also be an agitator, ultimately a nothing piece.

Kuhlman plays with a ton of effort and hustle which I can respect, he just has almost nothing to show for it.

Reactions: sarge88

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is like picking between getting punched in the balls or getting kicked in the balls. Either way, it's a really shitty choice.

But in reality, Blidh is not a legitimate NHL player. He's at best a fringe NHLer that can play in spots but the more he plays the more the holes in his game are exposed.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Rather Seny than either but I do like KK and the energy he brings. He's suited for the 3/4 lines he just need consistent minutes which he doesn't get here.

Reactions: trenton1 and LSCII

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Depends on the role for me. I don't hate either player. Kuhlman seems to have weird chemistry with DeBrusk. If we needed a 3RW I would rather see KK play with JDB and Coyle. I'd probably prefer him to Wags in that role too.

If we need a 4th liner, I'd take Blidh. I like his hitting and agitating style.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I must be blind. While I admit that Kuhlman skates like the wind, and he hustles with his speed, I see very little effort. Sure he uses his speed. But I see way to many fly-by at the net or the opposition with the puck. Along the boards, he stands back watching a teammate battle rather then being the "second guy in".

A lot of times we look at a big player and think he looks like he isn't giving it an effort because he looks like he's moving slowly. With Kuhlman, I see the opposite. A smaller guy who can skate and keeps moving his feet, so it looks like he is putting in an effort. I've never seen it nor have I bought into his effort.

It's fine to agree to disagree. But I think the coaching staff is seeing the same thing.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Anton Blidh 29 NHL games1 goal1 assist2 points-3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
25 years old 6'0" foot 200lbs ( 2013 6th rd pick)
Blidh is a strong skater and has the projectable frame of a strong two-way forward. He plays an aggressive and responsible style defensively.

Karson Kuhlman 38 NHL games4 goals7 assists11 points7
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
25 years old 5'11" 185 lbs ( Undrafted)
A strong forechecker and penalty killer. He is a smart and durable player that will help in the plus-minus department.

or

Zach Senyshyn 6 NHL games1 goal2 assists3 points1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
23 years old 6'1" 200lbs (2015 1st rd pick)
Senyshyn has the speed, release, and offensive instincts to be a scoring winger in the NHL. At the very least, a complementary scorer.

Reactions: LSCII

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would take Kuhlman everyday over Blidh. Anton will hit some, but that's about it, Kuhlman does actually have a pretty good shot and pretty fast, the other night against the Caps when he was on the ice they hemmed the Caps in the zone good deal of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad