Player Discussion Kuhlman or Blidh?

If the Bruins are desperate, who would you rather see in the lineup: Kuhlman or Blidh?

• Total voters

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I would take Kuhlman everyday over Blidh. Anton will hit some, but that's about it, Kuhlman does actually have a pretty good shot and pretty fast, the other night against the Caps when he was on the ice they hemmed the Caps in the zone good deal of the time.

The other night when he got 5:33 in ice time with 0:00 in the second?

Or 5 days ago when he got 12:19 in ice time and they lost?

Reactions: HooperDrivesTheBoat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
One of those games, at least for first part of the game he was very effective in his role that night.

it was probably the loss, somebody brought it up to me in the Ritchie thread that the line had good advanced stats that game. Dominated possession. I could be wrong or misremembering, that’s never out of the realm of possibility with me lol

Still would rather play Blidh because he’s more entertaining

Reactions: Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Depends on who we are playing, if it's a quick non-physical team like TO, Kuhlman, if it's a big heavy team like St. Louis Blidh. In truth, I would prefer other options though.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Ideally neither.

But Blidh. He can sort of play hockey. Kuhlman is just a speed skater who can't do other hockey things and gets knocked over by a stiff breeze. Might as well sign Bonnie Blair to play on Krejci's RW. Blidh is a 4th liner at best, but at least he's more well-rounded and can fit on a 4th line in an emergency.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
So the premise of the poll is that you have to have one or the other, no "call up this guy" or whatever. I am surprised that many have picked Kuhlman. I am entirely of the same opinion as @DominicT about Kuhlman. A lot of sound and (a little) fury signifying nothing. Like all players that get to his level, he is capable of making a good play now and again. Blidh is no great player, I think we all get that, but he is strong, physical, engaged, and an agitator which is great for a 4th line. He should never be on a third line. Kuhlman darts around, barely uses his body and accomplishes jack shit 99% of the time. At least Blidh will hit someone and chirp.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I must be blind. While I admit that Kuhlman skates like the wind, and he hustles with his speed, I see very little effort. Sure he uses his speed. But I see way to many fly-by at the net or the opposition with the puck. Along the boards, he stands back watching a teammate battle rather then being the "second guy in".

A lot of times we look at a big player and think he looks like he isn't giving it an effort because he looks like he's moving slowly. With Kuhlman, I see the opposite. A smaller guy who can skate and keeps moving his feet, so it looks like he is putting in an effort. I've never seen it nor have I bought into his effort.

It's fine to agree to disagree. But I think the coaching staff is seeing the same thing.

In reality, I think both are very poor options and would prefer literally anyone else but either of these guys. Management seeing nothing out of KK doesn't shock me, and I know if they give AB a handful of games, they're going to also see nothing because both are marginal. Surely there has to be a better option in Providence given all the draft capital they've had and used over the last 5 or so years, no?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So the premise of the poll is that you have to have one or the other, no "call up this guy" or whatever. I am surprised that many have picked Kuhlman. I am entirely of the same opinion as @DominicT about Kuhlman. A lot of sound and (a little) fury signifying nothing. Like all players that get to his level, he is capable of making a good play now and again. Blidh is no great player, I think we all get that, but he is strong, physical, engaged, and an agitator which is great for a 4th line. He should never be on a third line. Kuhlman darts around, barely uses his body and accomplishes jack shit 99% of the time. At least Blidh will hit someone and chirp.

Blidh is a complete scrub of a player. KK doesn't do anything regardless of how many chances he's given or who he plays with. I think the right answer to this debate is to pick neither guy and find someone else because both of them are trash players.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Blidh is a complete scrub of a player. KK doesn't do anything regardless of how many chances he's given or who he plays with. I think the right answer to this debate is to pick neither guy and find someone else because both of them are trash players.

I imagine that the "right answer" here is what Cassidy would prefer given his choices. As it has stood, those options were limited. For whatever reason, ZS is not getting his chance here, so it is KK and Blidh. Blidh may be a scrub destined for bit parts in the NHL till he goes back to Sweden to finish his career, but what he does I find much more appealing and valuable vs Kuhlman (and I mean that in a relative way).

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm going to preface this by saying that I don't think Kuhlman's good, but, strangely, the team seems to perform well when he's playing.

I know how people feel about advanced stats here, and I will caveat this that the sample size is small, but this is how his lines did in his two games this year.

The real answer to the poll is neither. Neither player is a long-term contributor on this team. Give the ice time to a younger player who's got more potential.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We'll never know if it would've made a difference, but every time I see Karson Kuhlman I'm reminded that Bruce Cassidy started him on the 2nd line of game 7 of the motherf***ing finals over Backes against a gritty team. Not that the alternative was great, but 2nd line RW in the biggest game of the last 9 years. It infuriates me. I know he popped in a goal in game 6, but who didn't?

Reactions: Gordoff and GoBs

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Both are bland. I suppose Kuhlman may have a bit more potential due to speed. I'm also not going to forget the huge game 6 SCF goal.

At this point, I'd much rather see Seny or even Hughes get a crack. Any of the drafted prospects, actually.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
We'll never know if it would've made a difference, but every time I see Karson Kuhlman I'm reminded that Bruce Cassidy started him on the 2nd line of game 7 of the motherf***ing finals over Backes against a gritty team. Not that the alternative was great, but 2nd line RW in the biggest game of the last 9 years. It infuriates me. I know he popped in a goal in game 6, but who didn't?

What's crazy is, if he hadn't scored, Butch might have gone with Backes in game 7 which I would have been in favor of.
Either way, it was a dagger.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yikes, a real Hobson’s choice here.

I’d take Kuhlman. To be fair I haven’t seen enough of Blidh, though last night was an awful first impression.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yikes, a real Hobson’s choice here.

I’d take Kuhlman. To be fair I haven’t seen enough of Blidh, though last night was an awful first impression.

I think ( for whatever that's worth ) that if we are really discussing a choice between Anton Blidh and Karson Kuhlman, that things are really good in Boston, or really bad. Considering their record, I think it's really good.

I mean this is the Lunatic Fringe. Have to have some negativity right?

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I would go Blidh because you know Cassidy is going to place him on the fourth line
But with Kuleman, coach will try to place home on Krecji’s wing

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Easy Kuhlman for me. He's faster, more responsible and can shoot.

That turnover at centre ice against Philly by Blihd was no bueno.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad