Recalled/Assigned: Kuemper/Dowell recalled \ Hackett/Zucker sent down

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Bulmer? No way.

He first needs to find himself back in Houston before being called up. Not sure what really happened to him. Too much pressure perhaps?

I wish he could've spent last season in Houston. Would've benefited him a lot more than CHL.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Hopefully just a sophmore slump, forgot he's struggling down in Houston. Think we may see Fontaine then if Clutterbuck is out a little while?

He seems like he's been fine since, but if he's out for just a game or two Dowell is already up. Mitchell could go up to the 3rd line for a bit and Dowell into Mitchell's spot :dunno:

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Earlier in this thread several of you were slamming Coyle, saying our first line looked bad many times this season. And thought Coyle should have been sent down instead of Zucker. Yeah go figure. Anyways, after the Dallas game tonight, I was wondering if any of you guys were still singing that same song? Our first line played great! And personally I think Coyle fits in there with Parise, and Koivu very well. Don't get me wrong, I like Zucker too. I'm fairly sure we haven't seen the last of Zucker here with the Wild this season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
^^I'm with you....I like what I see from Coyle and I think he fits in just fine with Zach and Mikko. While it doesn't always reflect on his statline, his size and beast-mentality definitely contribute to that success of that line. It's only a matter of time before he starts cashing in on his opportunities more often.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I find it kind of funny that out of Heatley, Havlat, Setoguchi, Coyle and Burns who were traded that summer, it's Coyle and Burns who are currently first-line wingers for their teams.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Earlier in this thread several of you were slamming Coyle, saying our first line looked bad many times this season. And thought Coyle should have been sent down instead of Zucker. Yeah go figure. Anyways, after the Dallas game tonight, I was wondering if any of you guys were still singing that same song? Our first line played great! And personally I think Coyle fits in there with Parise, and Koivu very well. Don't get me wrong, I like Zucker too. I'm fairly sure we haven't seen the last of Zucker here with the Wild this season.

One game doesn't change anything, especially since he's still not producing. I'd like the 1st line to have three players who can get on the scoreboard regularly, now it only has two. I'm sure he will start producing eventually, but nobody knows how long we'll have to wait for that to happen. When the games get tougher (yes, I'm talking about the possible playoffs), is it enough that only 2/3 players on the 1st line are able to produce? My answer to that would be no. Coyle's overall game is keeping him on that line for now, but I want to see results.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
One game doesn't change anything, especially since he's still not producing. I'd like the 1st line to have three players who can get on the scoreboard regularly, now it only has two. I'm sure he will start producing eventually, but nobody knows how long we'll have to wait for that to happen. When the games get tougher (yes, I'm talking about the possible playoffs), is it enough that only 2/3 players on the 1st line are able to produce? My answer to that would be no. Coyle's overall game is keeping him on that line for now, but I want to see results.

Is it possible to produce without showing up on the stat sheet? I think so...he is definitely a force on that top line and helps contribute to the success of Koivu and Parise. He IS creating scoring opportunities for himself and it's only a matter of time before he starts cashing in.

And I think he's had more than one good game...he's been playing really well for a couple of weeks now, IMO.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Coyle's game is definitely improving. He's winning battles along the boards and and playing well in the corners. I just wish we could find a way to get Heatley going - last night's goal notwithstanding, he's been completely irrelevant since he was demoted to Brodziak's line.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 1m
Another unsung effort: Charlie Coyle. Just watched shifts again. Holy moly, was he good. Pick-pocketing, board battles won, lot of chances

I'm in agreement. The points will come.

Jarick

Doing Nothing

One game is a very small sample size, and I've ripped Coyle quite a bit, but I did like his game in Dallas. I thought he used his body very well, was just fantastic along the boards, played a good physical game.

He still was out in no man's land away from the play quite a bit though, and he often seems rushed with the puck, turning it over rather than waiting that split second to make a play.

What worries me just a bit was those were the same things I saw Sheppard do when he was up with the Wild early, and he never recovered.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Sheppard was also not put into position to develop those types of skills, which Coyle is and has been.

I know some people might consider it "boring" hockey, but I love watching that line go toe-to-toe against the D and do their cycle game. When they have it going, like they did last night, it's amazing to watch.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Coyle did some mistakes again though and one quite big and cost Wild a goal. He was on the offensive zone with room but he somehow managed to bubble the puck to dallas. They got 3 on 2 and wild had to take a penalty which ended up being a goal for dallas.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Coyle did some mistakes again though and one quite big and cost Wild a goal. He was on the offensive zone with room but he somehow managed to bubble the puck to dallas. They got 3 on 2 and wild had to take a penalty which ended up being a goal for dallas.

**** happens.

Suter cost us a goal too.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
But those kind of mistakes happen many times to Coyle it's one thing I have noticed. **** can only happen so many times before it's too much...

I disagree...I don't see Coyle making any more mistakes than anyone else does. Heck, I've seen Parise make mistakes with the puck as well.

Overall, I think Coyle has been solid.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I disagree...I don't see Coyle making any more mistakes than anyone else does. Heck, I've seen Parise make mistakes with the puck as well.

You have to watch him more closely then..

pbunder

Jul 5, 2010
Minnesota

He makes his share of mistakes; but the bottom line is he fits Koivu-Parise, and he's effective. He's the least of my worries for this team (the primary one being stoner-spurgeon)

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
You have to watch him more closely then..

I watch him like a hawk every shift, go back and read my posts earlier in the GDT...mainly because I keep hearing all this criticism of him..and I ain't seein' what you're seein'...Hell, even Russo tweeted about how solid his play as been.

Does he make the occasional mistake? Sure, but so does EVERYONE. Coyle is no more mistake-prone than anyone else is...and that is saying something for a rookie.

Henri M

Dec 12, 2012
Oh god...not the 'did Coyle make a mistake?' talk again ;)

Reminds me alot of the Granlund discussion;people watching the player close say that his playing is solid, creates chances and that the production will come, and the critics say he is making too many mistakes (even though there were other problems that Granlund had with possesion, but then again Granlund was a better offensive contributer not playing on the first line...)

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Bulmer? No way.

He first needs to find himself back in Houston before being called up. Not sure what really happened to him. Too much pressure perhaps?

This is purely speculation on my part but ever since he got jumped by Teubert in the first handful of games, he has not looked ANYthing like he had before...barely finishing checks, not skating hard, not facewashing guys after the whistle...

Just lost all of his north/south, chip and bang, go to the net attitude...

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
This is purely speculation on my part but ever since he got jumped by Teubert in the first handful of games, he has not looked ANYthing like he had before...barely finishing checks, not skating hard, not facewashing guys after the whistle...
Just lost all of his north/south, chip and bang, go to the net attitude...

Had to look-up that fight with Teubert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fSm0QoHKuIQ#!

Wow ... that was a big time haymaker right on Bulmer's schnoz.

Memo to Bulmer: if you're going to turtle don't do it standing up with one hand on your stick. Sheesh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00