Recalled/Assigned: Kuemper/Dowell recalled \ Hackett/Zucker sent down

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Shame, I would have much rather sent Coyle down.

But, hope Zucker tears **** up in Houston with FBJ.

Blakkmantis

Old Time Hockey EH!
Jul 6, 2010
Duluth, Minnesota
Zucker's stay in Houston will only be temporary. PMB with his last year of his contract, and almost certain to not be resigned for next season is being showcased to be moved by the trade deadline. I'm positive they have no issue bringing Zucker back to take that spot if PMB gets traded. As far as Coyle goes I think he has done a great job on that first line. He is tough behind the net. I've even seen some call him beastmode along the boards. That line needs somebody who can do that, and Coyle provides that role fairly well in my opinion. And will only improve. Both Coyle and Zucker are big pieces in the Wilds future. Yeo is looking for players to fill certain roles right now. Bringing up Dowell is a better fit for that 4th line, than Zucker. Have no fear, this will all work out in the wash. It's nice for a change to actually have this sort of problem, too many good players, and not enough positions to play them all at. Something us Wild fans aren't used to seeing.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
It's nice for a change to actually have this sort of problem, too many good players, and not enough positions to play them all at. Something us Wild fans aren't used to seeing.

I'm glad someone said this, arguing about which of our serviceable players is going to play is a pretty great "problem" to have.

Lets just enjoy it.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yes we are in a great position right now with the depth we have.

I am still sad for Zucker. He basically lost his spot because he got injured. He was playing very nicely on that second line. I do agree with keeping PMD there because of his contribution on the second line at the moment. I do wonder what they will do with PMD. Will he be traded or is he staying on the team? Either way, Zucker will get back in there soon enough.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
If Dowell is an average AHLer I don't see how they expect him to make a difference in the NHL. Guessing we don't see much of him.

Guessing its more a matter of 'we want the kids to play not sit'. Conversely we don't care if Dowell occupies space in the press box.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Sad to see Zucker go down the the AHL, but I really think we'll see a very motivated Jake Dowell when he gets a chance to play. Dowell should give us some really spirited play on the 4th line. He knows it's his time to make it or break it in the NHL and he'll be very hungry to succeed. Great timing to bring him up I think. His energy will be a positive.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Maybe they are trying to build more chemistry between fbj and zucker in houston and call them up at the same time once bouchard and/or cullen are gone.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised if Zucker is back with the parent club in a week or so.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm kind of confused over why Kuemper was recalled and Hackett was sent down? I know Kuemper had great moments with us before he got injured but I was kind of hoping to really get a good look at Hackett, too.

Sheng Peng

I'm kind of confused over why Kuemper was recalled and Hackett was sent down? I know Kuemper had great moments with us before he got injured but I was kind of hoping to really get a good look at Hackett, too.

My guess is that because Kuemper's done well this year, he gets the call for a possible start. It's too tight in the West for Minnesota to get a "look" at somebody. Granted, Hackett played well last year, but Kuemper deserves the reward right now.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I think it's as simple as wanting Hackett to not go stale sitting on the bench. He needs to get games in, and with Backstrom playing every game there isn't a back-to-back, they are rotating him and Kuemper to keep him active.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I think this will be a weekly thing with them until Hards can back-up. If Backs is staying hot and starting every game the two need to get some game action in Houston.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Russo specualted yesterday that Backstrom may not even fly to Dallas with the team this Friday and that Hacket would play and Kuemper would back him up. One of them is going to have to get the call to play this week end with games on Fri/Sat

Jarick

Doing Nothing
It's just very strange they haven't played anyone other than Backstrom in such a long time. I know their schedule has been favorable in terms of days off, but still strange.

Originally, Kuemper was called up because he was the hot goalie in Houston. He played well up here, Hackett played lights out while he was gone. Then they swapped goalies so Hackett could get a chance, but he hasn't played, so they are swapping again to get him back on the ice in Houston.

Mumbler*

I didn't like Rupp initially. I've warmed on him a bit but the contract essentially made it a bit more difficult to swallow.

500,000 more for a guy that was meh? I mean in the grand scheme, it's nothing but still. Also didn't really like Rupp's skating ability. We were already slow and we add an even slower guy?

Also didn't like the fact at the time of the trade, it just seemed like we were shuffling chairs.

He's big. we forcheck. He does a much better job of keeping the puck in their zone than our other options. He makes many more things possible with the other team having to be aware he's out there as I'm sure his hit will be felt much more than Powe.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hackett was not given a chance, i find it hard to believe he wants to play a 4th year in the ahl / houston. he may be an rfa but i think hes gone. i think mgmt is STUPID for sending zucker down. noway is heatley happy on the 3rd line, i wont be shocked if we trade him because hes probably quietly asking for a trade. this is starting to look like trouble.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
hackett was not given a chance, i find it hard to believe he wants to play a 4th year in the ahl / houston. he may be an rfa but i think hes gone. i think mgmt is STUPID for sending zucker down. noway is heatley happy on the 3rd line, i wont be shocked if we trade him because hes probably quietly asking for a trade. this is starting to look like trouble.
Pure speculation.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
No issue with any of these moves. Get Zucker playing, he'll be back soon enough, maybe even by this Wednesday so who knows. Though I think it's more likely we will see Dowell or Bulmer in a 4th line role.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00