Recalled/Assigned: Kuemper/Dowell recalled \ Hackett/Zucker sent down

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
I'm with SoH and MK9. I don't think Coyle has been productive on the top line and he seems to have led to that line being less of a factor at even strength.

I also dislike Zucker not being on the PP or put on the top 2-3 lines. He was very productive when he had the ice time and line mates, unlike Granlund, and moreso than Coyle. Funny how Granlund was on the 4th line and healthy scratched for a month while Zucker gets sent down after a couple games.

I agree with all the points. Zucker was one of the leading PP guys in the AHL but doesn't get a chance on our PP while goldenboys like granny and coyle get a shot (and brodziak!?). Zucker makes so much more of an immediate difference on the ice than coyle it isn't even funny. Just look at our one home detroit win where he scored.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I agree with all the points. Zucker was one of the leading PP guys in the AHL but doesn't get a chance on our PP while goldenboys like granny and coyle get a shot (and brodziak!?). Zucker makes so much more of an immediate difference on the ice than coyle it isn't even funny. Just look at our one home detroit win where he scored.

Its a travesty, man. :shakehead

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
News flash for you sir. You can do that for pretty much every player on the roster for every game.

Coyle doesnt, and may never have the game breaking ability of Zucker or Granlund, but he is a much better "all-around" player than either at this point.

Yeah...not news.

It wasn't a knock on him. Well, guess it more or less is. But I wasn't exactly calling him out. It's just rookie stuff he'll learn from eventually.

My point was in showing how the quoted posters statement was wrong.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you serious? You're not serious.

Kobasew trade. Barker trade. Staubitz trade. Rupp trade. Yeah I don't question this organization at all.

Oh yeah, drafting Bussieres, Dumba. Or making Seeler into an NHL defenseman before he has hit the AHL.

How can you not like that trade?? Rid of contract..get rid of the cancer that is Palmieri the dime a dozen Powe and get a veteran leader who is tough and plays his role to a T. That while minuscule was a fantastic trade by Fletcher.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
I like Coyle and think he's going to be a damn good NHL player. But this is...just dead wrong. I could pick out at least twice during the last game he was a liability. Enough where he should be removed from the top line or put in the minors right now? No. But your statement is just flat out incorrect man.

You have GOT To be ****ing kidding me.

I can pick out at least two times that every ****ing player on the Wild was a liability last game.

This is seriously one the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I wouldn't call Palmieri a cancer at all.

He simply wasn't satisfied this season likely because he was expecting to make the team. I can understand him if he asked to be traded.

And before that he held out...

Hold out+not reporting to Houston=cancer to this organization..why do you think he was moved?

Can only imagine how pissed CF was after that happened and regretting signing him..guarantee from the point that happened they tried to ship him out immediately.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Coyle isn't ready to produce like an NHL first line player should playing with Koivu and Parise at this point in his career. That is obvious.

The fact is we are winning and PMB got his game going so Zucker is the odd man out cause he can't play 4th line minutes and be effective. Doesn't make sense to keep him there. He needs to play..much like Granlund situation.

Would I have liked to see him or someone else tried with that top line..yes in fact I would have liked to see him and Granlund both tried there and would bet statistically they outproduce Coyle in that role. But Coyle also has the intangibles that keep him there (size, strength, defense etc..) heck he's even got some PK time in recent games. Hopefully his offensive numbers can improve and I think they will and he is close to a break through offensively.

Either way were winning and finally have decent chemistry that they don't want to mess with so for now this is the lineup we have.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
Because he possibly asked for a trade? Heh, who knows.

Nobody is behind the scene after all...

He didn't report to Houston after he got cut..whined like a baby. Why would you want that guy on your team?

Sounds cancerous to me...

You don't see Jake Dowell pull a stunt like that..he bit his lip went down to Houston and earned his call up.

And Dowell is on a one way contract...

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
Coyle isn't ready to produce like an NHL first line player should playing with Koivu and Parise at this point in his career. That is obvious.

The fact is we are winning and PMB got his game going so Zucker is the odd man out cause he can't play 4th line minutes and be effective. Doesn't make sense to keep him there. He needs to play..much like Granlund situation.

Would I have liked to see him or someone else tried with that top line..yes in fact I would have liked to see him and Granlund both tried there and would bet statistically they outproduce Coyle in that role. But Coyle also has the intangibles that keep him there (size, strength, defense etc..) heck he's even got some PK time in recent games. Hopefully his offensive numbers can improve and I think they will and he is close to a break through offensively.

Either way were winning and finally have decent chemistry that they don't want to mess with so for now this is the lineup we have.

Couldnt of said this any better

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
You have GOT To be ****ing kidding me.

I can pick out at least two times that every ****ing player on the Wild was a liability last game.

This is seriously one the dumbest things I've ever heard.

Jesus Christ some of you people don't read. :facepalm:

Giles Ferrell

#believeinyeo
Mar 24, 2013
Minnesota
Also, Palmieri was not a cancer. Was it disappointing for him: yes. But he showed up after a week and played with Houston. There was no future for him here, and he has been moved, so idk why this is even a discussion anymore.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Don't know that I'd go so far as to call the guy a cancer. But, I don't see that he had any place here anyway. So no love lost, don't miss him in the slightest. And he'll find out that when the other team doesn't put him on a pedestal either he was probably overvaluing himself a bit.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Jesus Christ some of you people don't read. :facepalm:

Regardless of WHY you made the comment, it was still ridiculous. Could he improve still, absolutely. I haven't been a fan of him being on the top line since it happened, but to say he's making glaring mistakes and dragging the line down is just plain wrong.

J22*

Don't know that I'd go so far as to call the guy a cancer. But, I don't see that he had any place here anyway. So no love lost, don't miss him in the slightest. And he'll find out that when the other team doesn't put him on a pedestal either he was probably overvaluing himself a bit.

Cancer is probably too strong of a word, but when a borderline NHLer at best, starts to pout, its probably time for him to go. IMO

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Regardless of WHY you made the comment, it was still ridiculous. Could he improve still, absolutely. I haven't been a fan of him being on the top line since it happened, but to say he's making glaring mistakes and dragging the line down is just plain wrong.

Yeah, I didn't say that either. Nowhere even close to that. Just so you get this (not sure it'll happen even then):

The other poster said something along the lines of him being zero liability. Which is incorrect. He's made rookie mistakes. Not a big deal. It's to be expected. I haven't seen them be a massive detriment by any means. He hasn't give games away or anything. I said NOTHING about anyone else not making mistakes. I also was not singling out Coyle. Hopefully that is blatant enough about what I was talking about before you freaked and flew off the handle.

Cancer is probably too strong of a word, but when a borderline NHLer at best, starts to pout, its probably time for him to go. IMO

I don't disagree. I mean really, he's almost assuredly a career AHLer. At best, he's a press box watcher, waiting for an injury, 3rd liner.

Last edited:

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Yeah, I didn't say that either. Nowhere even close to that. Just so you get this (not sure it'll happen even then):

The other poster said something along the lines of him being zero liability. Which is incorrect. He's made rookie mistakes. Not a big deal. It's to be expected. I haven't seen them be a massive detriment by any means. He hasn't give games away or anything. I said NOTHING about anyone else not making mistakes. I also was not singling out Coyle. Hopefully that is blatant enough about what I was talking about before you freaked and flew off the handle.

I don't disagree. I mean really, he's almost assuredly a career AHLer. At best, he's a press box watcher, waiting for an injury 3rd liner.

I like my handle thank you very much.

Does clear a few things up. I was just skimming through the posts and that part didnt stick out, just your response. I apologize for not reading into it more and see where you were coming from.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I like my handle thank you very much.

Does clear a few things up. I was just skimming through the posts and that part didnt stick out, just your response. I apologize for not reading into it more and see where you were coming from.

S'ok. You can just go back to the group that hates me for disliking the Pitbull thing. :D

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm with SoH and MK9. I don't think Coyle has been productive on the top line and he seems to have led to that line being less of a factor at even strength.

I also dislike Zucker not being on the PP or put on the top 2-3 lines. He was very productive when he had the ice time and line mates, unlike Granlund, and moreso than Coyle. Funny how Granlund was on the 4th line and healthy scratched for a month while Zucker gets sent down after a couple games.
Thats what i'm saying too.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

This is how it is. Mike Yeo clearly values Charlie's size and defensive abilities on that first line. Zucker doesn't have size, and his defensive abilities aren't anymore first line material than Coyles.

I feel like Coyle is playing better than most folk give him credit anyway. Watch him tomorrow, the kid is a puck hound. The first line isn't producing a ton at even strength but I doubt its because Coyle is 'holding them back.'The points will come.

We have both of these kids for a while, everyone will get there Zucker fix. dont worry.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

Well Granlund shouldn't have been on the fourth line so long and we didn't have Rupp at the time. They just want Zucker playing, thats all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00