Kucherov when asked if learned anything from his suspension: "No"

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Not a dick, just dumb as rocks.

He's one of the smartest players in the NHL... in terms of hockey IQ.

He didn't score 128 points by out muscling people.

I guess that doesn't necessarily correlate to being an intelligent person, however.

This incident and his response have made me lose some respect for him. Basically Marchand-esque behavior right there.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

I guess that doesn't necessarily correlate to being an intelligent person, however.

This incident and his response have made me lose some respect for him. Basically Marchand-esque behavior right there.

Yep, the response isn't dumb because it's the wrong answer, it's dumb because it looks petulant gives the league more ammo to throw the book at him should he (lol) repeat.

Have the intelligence and strength of character to say what you are supposed to say, even if you don't mean it.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
People should watch a Kucherov interview if they want to actually see what he is like. With tweets like this that just take one small thing someone says out of context it's pretty easy to paint whatever picture you want.

I've never felt like Kucherov has any kind of attitude issue but if all your information comes from shit like this I can understand why you would think there is something wrong with him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In Soviet Russia you no hit wall, wall hit you.

501697A2-53BB-4BF4-BAB5-7548E289851A.gif

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i wonder if he learned anything from getting bounced from the playoffs harder than a wad of flubber in a rubber room?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Kucherov's answer might've been dumb but this Justin guy is equally dumb for asking such a question. What kind of answer did he expect? Also, Kucherov hates the media, especially after a season like this, he's gonna give you the shortest answet possible.
Yeah, but these guys get paid huge amounts of money. And part of that is doing interviews — sometimes when you don’t want to. Think the coaches always want to do those mid period jobs on NBC?

Stupid question maybe. But no different than “Do you think you hurt your team with the suspension?” which is a legit question.

Honest answer: “Yes, I let my teammates down”.

Can only imagine what Kucherov would have said. Bottom line is Kucherov had a dog s**t pst season when it counted most. Also put another player out of the playoffs with a dirty play.

Kucherov deserves any and all criticism coming his way. Who cares if he’s pissed off or whether he likes the question?

I love that it was asked.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Don't like Kuch and hated his hit - showed a shocking level of immaturity and letting frustration get the better of him.

Having said that, when you ask a dumba** question to a player whose team just suffered perhaps the worst series loss in a generation, what do you expect? Kind of actually respect the guy for being honest and not giving a PC response.

Reactions: Sentinel

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

He didn't score 128 points by out muscling people.

Say what you will about Marchand he’s not had a hint of DOPS problems this season and has said he needs to make smarter decisions in that area. Until he screws up, he’s doing that.

I’ll tell you one thing though, he’d never give a stupid childish answer like that. And whatever you may think of him that’s the case.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
So a reporter asked a loaded question hoping to drum up a little controversy knowing damn well that Kucherov would blow the question off? Huh. Did it work?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It was a dumb question. He sounded more mad at the stupidity of it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yeah, but these guys get paid huge amounts of money. And part of that is doing interviews — sometimes when you don’t want to. Think the coaches always want to do those mid period jobs on NBC?

Stupid question maybe. But no different than “Do you think you hurt your team with the suspension?” which is a legit question.

Honest answer: “Yes, I let my teammates down”.

Can only imagine what Kucherov would have said. Bottom line is Kucherov had a dog s**t pst season when it counted most. Also put another player out of the playoffs with a dirty play.

Kucherov deserves any and all criticism coming his way. Who cares if he’s pissed off or whether he likes the question?

I love that it was asked.
Kucherov deserves a bunch of critisism for his poor play in the series and also for the hit, not disagreeing there. I just wouldn't look look too much into this. First of all, no way of knowing what the context was unless there's a video of the interview. And secondly, his interviews are always like this. Maybe he didn't get the PR education that most top athletes have or he just doesn't care. You should check out his exit interview in 2017, that's how much he cares about the media.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Kucherov deserves a bunch of critisism for his poor play in the series and also for the hit, not disagreeing there. I just wouldn't look look too much into this. First of all, no way of knowing what the context was unless there's a video of the interview. And secondly, his interviews are always like this. Maybe he didn't get the PR education that most top athletes have or he just doesn't care. You should check out his exit interview in 2017, that's how much he cares about the media.
Given his talent, he should be a leader but he’s clearly not. Maybe the attitude is part of that.

Clearly the best team in Regular Season gets swept 4-0 in playoffs. And other than the first period of Game 1, that result wasn’t ever in contention. They choked as a team, and their 128 RS player played in only 3 games and did little to nothing in those three games.

It’s ok to be surly and angry when you lose, if you’ve been a warrior and did your part. If not, you just come off as an angry sore loser.

Kucherov should have learned that Cups are not awarded but earned. He’s got some growing up to do.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
If he was a good ol' Canadian boy or good American boy, he'd be the most popular player in the world, despite his supposed attitude.

Do you guys realize that English isn't his first language? Let him live!

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Given his talent, he should be a leader but he’s clearly not. Maybe the attitude is part of that.

Clearly the best team in Regular Season gets swept 4-0 in playoffs. And other than the first period of Game 1, that result wasn’t ever in contention. They choked as a team, and their 128 RS player played in only 3 games and did little to nothing in those three games.

It’s ok to be surly and angry when you lose, if you’ve been a warrior and did your part. If not, you just come off as an angry sore loser.

Kucherov should have learned that Cups are not awarded but earned. He’s got some growing up to do.
Yeah, he is quite a stereotypical Russian. Not everyone can be a leader, but like it or not, people will look up to you when you're as good as he is. Kucherov absolutely hates losing and is angry at himself whenever he ends a shift and his line doesn't score. He's got the right mindset, he should just, like you said, grow up and cut the dumb shit out of his game.

Reactions: Number8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad