Kucherov when asked if learned anything from his suspension: "No"

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In all seriousness and leaving Fran Stalinovskovichdavidovitchsky out of this... Kucherov learned his lesson. His team went from a historic winning season to a historic upset. Can’t feel worse than that. So he learned plenty.

Think it was a silly question, I mean what is he 9 yo in school? Bad Kuch, you are a bad boy, go to the corner. No Stanley cup for you.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
HF overreacting doesn't mean his response wasn't ****ing stupid and completely tone deaf. It just causes more questions for him and his teammates.

Reactions: Number8

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
In all seriousness and leaving Fran Stalinovskovichdavidovitchsky out of this... Kucherov learned his lesson. His team went from a historic winning season to a historic upset. Can’t feel worse than that. So he learned plenty.

Think it was a silly question, I mean what is he 9 yo in school? Bad Kuch, you are a bad boy, go to the corner. No Stanley cup for you.
Yes, but when your team dominates the RS and you lead with 128 points expectations are high.

If that team gets swept in first round — and let’s face it, it wasn’t even a very tight series either — and you produce next to nothing and you also hurt your team with a suspension stemming from a mindless cheapshot during garbage time in a blowout.... you are going to get some criticism. If you want to be the best, you have to shoulder the criticism when it goes badly south.

You say he learned his lesson? Maybe, maybe not. Won’t know until next season and beyond. We shall see.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Why would he?

Kadri obviously hasnt learned either and his suspensions are always weak ass and never increase even though he constantly targets players heads and apparently the league takes that VERY serious lol

Alot of players dont learn their lesson. Its a fast game and its very easy to quickly lose your temper

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
im not sure how i feel about kucherov anymore. not just this, but seems like a ding dong in general from what ive seen the last few months

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Sounds like a sarcastic response. Like someone asking/telling McDavid “you’re officially eliminated from the playoffs but the team is gelling well. How do you feel?”

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes, but when your team dominates the RS and you lead with 128 points expectations are high.

If that team gets swept in first round — and let’s face it, it wasn’t even a very tight series either — and you produce next to nothing and you also hurt your team with a suspension stemming from a mindless cheapshot during garbage time in a blowout.... you are going to get some criticism. If you want to be the best, you have to shoulder the criticism when it goes badly south.

You say he learned his lesson? Maybe, maybe not. Won’t know until next season and beyond. We shall see.

Well he got a warning and a suspension. If he does it again, it’s going to be a lot more than just one game. Some players never learn like the Wilson’s and Kadri’s , I am curious when Marchand will have his next shennigans, but so far he has cleaned up his act. Only time will tell.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This could come back to bite him if he's ever in front of the DPOS again, but that just makes me like him more :laugh:

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Well he got a warning and a suspension. If he does it again, it’s going to be a lot more than just one game. Some players never learn like the Wilson’s and Kadri’s , I am curious when Marchand will have his next shennigans, but so far he has cleaned up his act. Only time will tell.
Couldn’t agree more. Marchand has been a slow learner, but at least for now he’s towing the line. He’s been slow footed twice in Toronto series and so far is keeping his cool and making a difference on the ice. Maybe he’s learning. Hope so.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Couldn’t agree more. Marchand has been a slow learner, but at least for now he’s towing the line. He’s been slow footed twice in Toronto series and so far is keeping his cool and making a difference on the ice. Maybe he’s learning. Hope so.

That series is now a best of 3, so it’s going to get instense the next couple of games, if he keeps his cool, will earn a lot of respect from fans. Kucherov lost his cool, and it cost him and his team.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Question was stupid, baiting.

Answer was stupid, taking the bait.
Exactly. Unfortunately the question was from a press guy looking for response. Mission accomplished.

On the other hand Kucherov is a multi-million dollar player underscoring impression that he is selfish player who hurt his team.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Lol the HF reaction is way more dumb than his answer. The guy is just upset and doesn't want to talk to the media, that's it.
maybe instead of taking it out on the media, he should of came prepared for the playoffs. what an abysmal performance from a supposed "hart" candidate. "iM mAd"...who cares nikita, face the music, you choked.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Love it TBH ,he is pissed off about losing.....I get that it reeks of being a bit of a sore loser,but you never want a star being ok with losing

Totally. How do people not get this. Screw off little media guy, I lost and I'm upset. Go away with your dumb questions.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Minor suspensions don’t do anything it was just 1 game! Besides he was prolly pissed and just gave a quick quip to shut up the guy lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad