Confirmed with Link: Kucherov Re-Signs for 8 years, 9.5m AAV - Worship of Yzerman may Commence

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
The structure of the contract is appropriate but is going to make the cap very difficult over the next few years.

Either way, fantastic news!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
You're not gonna sign a player of kucherovs caliber without a ntc. I will agree that we have handed them out to undeserving players in the past though. But maybe that has incentivised them to take less. Who knows.
What's notable is that it's only for the first 4-years. Bridge year + 4 puts him at 30 y.o. and a limited NTC.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Really nice that we got him for under $10m. Still some solid dough for him. Good deal for both sides imo.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
yzerman loves handing out NTC like candy

Totally fine if he gets the salary down - he is confident that he can get the players out if it comes to that point. Only mistake was the Killorn one. Killorn got both money AND term along with the clause. He should've only gotten term (which seems to have been the most important thing given the length of the deal).

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Now that the major extensions are done (McDonagh and Kucherov), my guess is SY focuses all of his attention now on getting this Karlsson trade/extension done and, because of other distractions being removed, it gets done fairly quickly..

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I was hoping he'd go somewhere between where Hedman ($7.875 M) and Stamkos ($ 8.5 M) settled on. At least no one on the main boards can say Yzerman was disrespecting him now with that old contract. Kuch got paid.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I was hoping he'd go somewhere between where Hedman ($7.875 M) and Stamkos ($ 8.5 M) settled on. At least no one on the main boards can say Yzerman was disrespecting him now with that old contract. Kuch got paid.
That was HF at its finest.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Literally over the moon with this, huge credit to Yzerman pulling this off.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The NHL needs to do something about this. I'm not referring to the taxsituation that's fine. I'm saying the NHL needs to ban Yzerman's voodoo magic. How can other teams keep up when he's sacrificing chickens to get players to sign for millions under market value?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I thought this would just about put the nail in the coffin in regards to obtaining Karlsson's services. I guess not.

huh? This just locked Kucherov in for less than everyone else thought we had room for.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
huh? This just locked Kucherov in for less than everyone else thought we had room for.
What helps out a bunch besides the the quality of ownership/management and player talent is the state tax and the lack thereof. Makes this deal look like a high 10M/yr deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad