Confirmed with Link: Kucherov Re-Signs for 8 years, 9.5m AAV - Worship of Yzerman may Commence

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Lock pointer up long term instead of a bridge before he scores 80pts and wins a Selke in the next 4 years. 8 yrs /6m

Reactions: Master P

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I think this was done to set the bar for Karlsson contract ontop of giving Kuch what he's earned.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
throw him a bridge deal now see if he takes it I would getting kucherov signed takes a huge load off yzerman because now he knows what the cap number is to make his other moves around the core
I still a little blown away that it got done so soon and seemingly out of the blue. IF we are getting Karlsson then I would expect to see the dominoes start to fall pretty soon.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Well, this puts Kucherov in a position to challenge SS, MSL and VL for multiple franchise records. If he keeps it up for several seasons, he just may have his jersey raised in the building one day. I am looking forward to watching his magic for the many years to come.

Reactions: Cigar City

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
As an outsider, I don't know the truth, but a lot of people felt that Kucherov fired his previous agent because of the cheap deal he signed. Having watched Kucherov over the past 5ish years, I feel confident saying it was because the agent advised him to hold out. He's a socially awkward prodigy

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
As an outsider, I don't know the truth, but a lot of people felt that Kucherov fired his previous agent because of the cheap deal he signed. Having watched Kucherov over the past 5ish years, I feel confident saying it was because the agent advised him to hold out. He's a socially awkward prodigy
I always read it like that. I thought he said he just wanted to play hockey.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Honestly I think Kucherov would have been well within his rights to make Yzerman back up the money truck after being forced to sign that bridge deal before. I think it says something about the relationship that the organization has with its players that they're willing to take a little bit less than market value instead of looking for the biggest paycheck. I don't think this contract is a "steal" but it's less than what Kucherov could have potentially demanded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad