Kucherov (now) or Stamkos (09-12)?

Who would rather have on your team?

• Total voters

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
It's definitely kucherov. Stamkos was a better goal scorer but kucherovs all around offense and hockey iq is significantly higher then anything from stamkos

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Peak Stamkos scored from everywhere, all the time, but he didn't jump out at you. You'd think he was having a ho hum game and then realize somehow he had 2g 1a. Kucherov tilts the ice more, and is more visually impressive, but peak Stamkos...

I mean, you can't teach someone to score 60 goals. And dat flow....

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Voted Stamkos. Seemed like every time he fired the puck in those years it would end up in the back of the net regardless of circumstance.

Kucherov creates grade A chances

Stamkos converted on grade D chances

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kucherov is a better play driver, but at the same time you can't ignore the value in a goalscorer like Stamkos who can basically score from anywhere. In a vacuum I would take Kucherov, but if I already had an elite play driver who made others better, I would take Stamkos because of how unique a weapon he was. I just don't think you win with a Stamkos-type as your best player

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
09-12 was so low scoring compared to the scoring environment now. We have not seen close to the scoring there is in the league since 05/06. Makes you wonder what Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin could have gotten in there prime this year.
OV - running away w/ the Rocket and possibly 50 in 50 as well as top 3 in points and PPG
Crosby - top 3 in points and challenging to some degree for the RR, and PPG (probably first)
Malkin - top 3 in points and PPG
McDavid in the race for AR as well

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Peak Stamkos scored from everywhere, all the time, but he didn't jump out at you. You'd think he was having a ho hum game and then realize somehow he had 2g 1a. Kucherov tilts the ice more, and is more visually impressive, but peak Stamkos...

I mean, you can't teach someone to score 60 goals. And dat flow....
This. I don't know why everyone is ignoring Stamkos' clear dominance in flow1/60.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Stamkos in 2011-12 outproduced 10th in points by 19, and the 20th highest point producer by 26.

He outscored the runner up for the richard by 10 goals, then had a 24 and a 29 goal gap over the 10th and 20th best goal scorers.

All the while being 3rd in PPG.

In comparison, Kucherov currently has a 17 point lead over 10th place, and a 24 point lead over 20th

PPG wise, the gap is 42 points over 20th place, and 28 over 10th.

If he actually maintains his PPG which i'd think many find to be unlikely. It's him no question.

But if the point difference is more in line with his current lead. I'd pick Stamkos.

Also, i dont think anyone can use the linemate argument. Kucherov has 17 points more than Point, while Stamkos had 23 more than Martin St Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad