Kucherov, NHL points leader

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Great player away from the puck, too. Easy to overlook considering how amazing he is offensively, but I'm always impressed by his positioning and hustle.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Everyone laughed at me 2 years ago when I said Kucherov was more talented than Gaudreau.

So? 2 years ago Gaudreau scored 78 in 79, you should've been laughed at.

Even in hindsight Gaudreau has 40 points on the season, outscoring next highest linemate by 10 points and 3rd highest teammate by double...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Kucherov is the first line winger that Drouin should have been. It was an absolute steal to draft him in the second round. I didn't know how good he would be until I saw him play with Namestnikov in the AHL. The two are the best I've ever seen together down there in the AHL. The first one in our forums to jump on the hype train was a poster by the name of RobertGuess who no longer posts, I think, due to health issues.

Silver Tuna

Easy on the Pepsi!!
Jun 4, 2011
Georgetown, ON
I was drinking the robertguess koolaid from very early on about kucherov.

Kucherov is the first line winger that Drouin should have been. It was an absolute steal to draft him in the second round. I didn't know how good he would be until I saw him play with Namestnikov in the AHL. The two are the best I've ever seen together down there in the AHL. The first one in our forums to jump on the hype train was a poster by the name of RobertGuess who no longer posts, I think, due to health issues.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Kucherov's good. He's damn good. Being an Orlando native, I've had the pleasure of seeing him live quite a few times and he literally has no faults to his game it seems. Both him and Hedman are among my favorite players to watch in the league.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
At the Avs game when Kucherov scored on a breakaway, the moron behind me said this "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes." Im an Avs fan and almost lost at it at the disrespect to Kucherov.

Guy is easily the best player in the world right now.
Sounds like this guy was secretly watching a nature documentary and you were eaves dropping on him. Very rude, imo. I know plenty of guys that have to watch that kind of stuff in public because the people they live with don't understand why their son has become obsessed with animals. The fact that this guy was talking about blind squirrels and nuts is a dead giveaway. That's very kinky.

Reactions: Gains

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
At the Avs game when Kucherov scored on a breakaway, the moron behind me said this "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes." Im an Avs fan and almost lost at it at the disrespect to Kucherov.

Guy is easily the best player in the world right now.
I'm not sure about easily, McDavid is right with him

but as of now I do have Kuch as best in the world.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He's good enough that he's somehow convinced Cooper to allow him to try for breakaways when we don't have full control of the puck. That is mad respect by Cooper and probably doesn't happen if Kucherov foregoes his defensive responsibilities.

Most intelligent player I've ever seen, as long as he can stay healthy his ceiling will be incredibly high.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Since we sharing old stories

A year ago I said he's playing as well as Hart winner McDavid

I too was laughed at and had my poll locked

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Same to me 3 years ago when I said he could reach 40 goals on a season.

Same to me 11 years ago when I said he would be leading scorer 11 years from then. Of course I don't have any proof to back up my claim like most people, but I said it, I swear!

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Same to me 11 years ago when I said he would be leading scorer 11 years from then. Of course I don't have any proof to back up my claim like most people, but I said it, I swear!

I mean, all of these things can be confirmed via wayback machine

no point to lie

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I hope he improves and becomes unquestionably the best player. He was one of my favourite 4 prospects ever, along with Tarasenko, Drouin, and Kuznetsov. Always knew he was good. Never thought he'd be this good. And doesn't seem to have topped out yet either.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

It was one of these russian threads (Kuznetsov vs Tarasenko vs Kuch vs whatever), most people had Kuch as the last one, went there and said he was as good as Tarasenko and that he would score one day 40 goals on a season. Turns out that one time I was right.

I also though that Filatov would be awesome and well... Filly don't do rebounds.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Anyone else see this coming from his younger days or is this a pleasant surprise? He deserves his own thread!

I mean, he got what, like 85 points last year basically with stamkos out all year? He’s a damn good player and I’m not surprised at all

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad