Kucherov, NHL points leader

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
him and stammer have great chemistry and hes only make 700k a year.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I guess the gamble by his agent paid off. He could be on year two of an eight-year, $56 million deal (my projection). After next season, he likely signs an eight-year, $80 million deal.

Reactions: NyQuil

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It’s gotta haunt the other 29 teams that passed on him. But I’m still surprised at how good he’s become. What a steal.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
It is amazing what a team can do when healthy, I think most figured if Stammer was healthy then Kuch/Stammer would probably feed off of one another but I don't think anyone saw them being this dominant it is even surprising to me. Remember how everyone kept saying about a month ago it is just a hot streak and we will come down and slow down well we had a bump in the road but things keep clicking.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
He was a first round talent and scared teams off because of being Russian, I guess. Bolts fans knew he would be good, but I think we all underestimated his ceiling (which we still don’t really know where it is).

Reactions: jahbless

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
I guess the gamble by his agent paid off. He could be on year two of an eight-year, $56 million deal (my projection). After next season, he likely signs an eight-year, $80 million deal.
Yep, thats one of the few things Stevie Y screwed up on. He already had two 65 point seasons, a 70 point season (had he played in all 82), and had 42 points in 45 playoff games.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Anyone else see this coming from his younger days or is this a pleasant surprise? He deserves his own thread!

I've seen it coming since his junior days with the Red Army, but who am I? NHL GMs and scouts know better drafting him the 2nd.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He's arguably the best offensive player in the world. He certainly gives McDavid a run for his money anyway.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
He's a stud. And yes he deserves his own thread. The Bolts are an awesome team and Kucherov is a big part of that.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
He is a great player. The best of the younger russisan NHL players. I always thought Kuznetsov or Tarasenko would outperform him, but Kucherov has shown i was wrong. The question is, is he playing at his peak now or can he get even better?

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
At the Avs game when Kucherov scored on a breakaway, the moron behind me said this "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes." Im an Avs fan and almost lost at it at the disrespect to Kucherov.

Guy is easily the best player in the world right now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yep, thats one of the few things Stevie Y screwed up on. He already had two 65 point seasons, a 70 point season (had he played in all 82), and had 42 points in 45 playoff games.

Wrong, you do know the bridge deal wasn't to hope Kucherov doesn't progess and we don't have to break bank with him right? It was to allow the Lightning to remain competitive the next 3 years because of cap issues, the Lightning were supposed to be all-in last year and had a cup contending team until injuries hit, we wouldn't have been able to ice that team with Kucherov at 7m. This year, once again the extra cap was used on additions to the team who are sitting alone at the top of the league once again in cup contending mode.

We have ridiculous cap flexibility after 2019 so paying Kucherov north of 10+m then fits with our cap much more than paying him 7-8m in 2016. Even then there's a good chance he doesn't even take 10m+, which would further invoke tears on HF.

Since a lot of people don't understand.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
At the Avs game when Kucherov scored on a breakaway, the moron behind me said this "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes." Im an Avs fan and almost lost at it at the disrespect to Kucherov.

Guy is easily the best player in the world right now.

Easily? I agree he may be the best but come on. He's leading by 3 points on his linemates, one of the top 5-10 players in the world, and there's a dozen players within 6-7 points of him. I think the title doesn't belong to anyone.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I knew before we drafted him that he was a Franchise player. I can't say though I expected him to be leading the NHL in points. :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad