"KRONWALLED!" --- Niklas Kronwall with one of the Biggest Hits of the Year!

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
Oooh, that hurts. Liked where he placed it on the body though. Tough to combine hard and clean any better than that.

ugrimugri*

So what were the stakes in this game?

Does Saulieitis belong to the top 1000 players in Europe?

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
@LeonFender via @DetroitRedWings: Kronwall isn't afraid of the dark. The dark is afraid of Kronwall.

580227201.jpg

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I knew what was going to happen a full two seconds before it did. If you take the puck up the right boards in your defensive zone while Kronwall is on the ice, get ready for some pain.

Yikes. What a hit!

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
I knew what was going to happen a full two seconds before it did. If you take the puck up the right boards in your defensive zone while Kronwall is on the ice, get ready for some pain.

Yikes. What a hit!

hehe yeah, i saw some yellow jersey guy skating sideways straight to the Latvian player

"Ohh here comes Kronwall!"

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Damn. A perfect, devastating hit. Amazing how good he is at catching guys at that exact spot on the ice. You'd think players would know to keep their heads up around him, but maybe they don't have youtube in Latvia :sarcasm:

ugrimugri*

Yeah, great - if I had a cornershop and went away to watch a hockey game, leaving the responsibilty to my 17year daughter on a Monday night and Niklas Kronwall stormed the cornershop with a machine gun in order to steal a few beers... that would just be fantastic, no doubt...

Why didn't he kronwall a guy on the russian team when malkin started to roll? This is a joke that a guy underperforms in important matches and then hits a latvian noname player in a match that has no meaning whatsoever for both teams.

Actually, NKronwall in that Vancouver olympics loss vs Slovakia, he just might have cost sweden that game...

Last edited by a moderator:

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
How was that clean? Seriously ... explain to me how that is a clean hit.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful monster hit. I love those too, but!

no shoulder to shoulder or anything remotely close to it. He just stood him up, facing him with his back. Didn't look like a hip check either.

edit: on further review it does look like a hip-check ... but its a hip to the face ... lol

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
How was that clean? Seriously ... explain to me how that is a clean hit.

Don't get me wrong its a beautiful monster hit. I love those too, but!

no shoulder to shoulder or anything remotely close to it. He just stood him up, facing him with his back. Didn't look like a hip check either.

edit: on further review it does look like a hip-check ... but still

How was it not clean?

Lee Van Cleef*

He jumped before he made contact. Not much though. But if this had happened in an NHL game, it would have had people screaming for SHANABAN!

Nope. Perfectly clean hit it was.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
He jumped before he made contact. Not much though. But if this had happened in an NHL game, it would have had people screaming for SHANABAN!

Have to disagree. Kronwall has dished out many of these in the NHL with no supplemental discipline. Heck, off the top of my head, he absolutely obliterated Ryan Kesler this year. No penalty, no review, no nothing. He does this all the time.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Vicious, very hard, but totally clean. The only thing that could be remotely dirty about this is that you could argue it was a charge (due more to the speed and distance traveled than him leaping into it/leaving his feet), but charging is rarely called in hockey any more, almost every big hit could be called charging by the letter of the law.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Vicious, very hard, but totally clean. The only thing that could be remotely dirty about this is that you could argue it was a charge (due more to the speed and distance traveled than him leaping into it/leaving his feet), but charging is rarely called in hockey any more, almost every big hit could be called charging by the letter of the law.

He only took two strides? Look at the replay at the 0:36 min mark.

As you say, a vicious very hard hit, but totally clean.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad