Injury Report: Kronwall should return by Wednesday (McLeod Suspended 5 Games - Post 65)

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Do all Griffins live in Grand Rapids anyways? They don't play until the weekend so if he did go back home it doesn't mean Grand Rapids.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
I don't think when he gets sent down he immediately gets in his car and starts driving.

Especially since the Griffins don't play until Friday. He got sent down Tuesday afternoon and called up Wednesday morning. Wouldn't surprise me if Holland let him know there was a chance that he could still play Wednesday if Kronwall wasn't 100%.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Do all Griffins live in Grand Rapids anyways? They don't play until the weekend so if he did go back home it doesn't mean Grand Rapids.

They do, they practice during the week as well as do a lot of community stuff. Grand Rapids isn't a bad place to live by the way, usually appears in the top 10 nicest cities to live in the USA, think it was #1 last year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think when he gets sent down he immediately gets in his car and starts driving.

He probably went pretty quickly, because they wanted him to practice with his Grand Rapids teammates to prepare for this weekend. Certainly with the time that passed between he made the couple hour drive I would guess.

Gus should have just jumped in his car today, so he could walk into Hollands office and go so.....?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I imagine Gus like a stranded survivor, writing messages in bottles.

I bet he plays NHL 2014 everyday on whatever the cool gaming system the kids play these days and he's leading the league in goals playing on a line with Tatar and Z.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Also, has Kronwalls stopped with his "kronwalled hits"? Is he concerned about his health or something? When was the last time he kronwalled someone?

If last year was any indication of it going forward don't expect him to until around 1/2 to 2/3's of the season is done.

Johnz96*

I bet he plays NHL 2014 everyday on whatever the cool gaming system the kids play these days and he's leading the league in goals playing on a line with Tatar and Z.

As the #1, I think he has been asked to tone it down to reduce the risk of injuries. His hits per game have dropped by half last year compared to the year before and are even a little lower this year.
As long as he gets a good one every once in a while to keep them on their toes, I it's worth reducing the risk of injury.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
As the #1, I think he has been asked to tone it down to reduce the risk of injuries. His hits per game have dropped by half last year compared to the year before and are even a little lower this year.
As long as he gets a good one every once in a while to keep them on their toes, I it's worth reducing the risk of injury.

Honestly, I think this is the correct answer. He can't just risk being out for tons of games if he gets hurt throwing a big hit. I'd rather he does that than throw the fan entertainment ideas.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Although I think the health concern with Kronwall delivering hits is from retaliation from opponents, not him actually getting hurt during the impact of the hit...

RedWingsNow*

I think Kronwall got tired of being known as a cheap hockey player.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Think it is the top pairing, also guys are pretty aware of it, he had one lined up last night and Michalek got out of the way.

He seems to go for them in stretches (Western Canada trip a couple years ago, seemed like the whole month he was throwing them really) now or when they are getting beat to try and jump start the team. I think he will always attempt them in the playoffs as well when they are there to be made.

There is no reason for him to injure himself and the weight the NHL is bringing on hits while his are clean should he execute it wrong he could sit and that is a big deal to this team. Just picking his spots more and he should on this team.

Kronwall isn't a coward or worried about his reputation sorry, he is just a very smart hockey player and his role has changed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad