Injury Report: Kronwall should return by Wednesday (McLeod Suspended 5 Games - Post 65)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
HAHAHHA, Khan

"but is otherwise okay"

Not very comforting with the first part of the sentence and all.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I hope he's not out long. Thank God he wasn't more seriously hurt.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Trevor Thompson ‏@iamtrevort 6s
Just spoke to Nik Kronwall. Knot on his forehead, couple scrapes but says he's fine, upset with putting himself in a bad position. #RedWings

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
Trevor Thompson ‏@iamtrevort 6s
Just spoke to Nik Kronwall. Knot on his forehead, couple scrapes but says he's fine, upset with putting himself in a bad position. #RedWings

Good news. Taking him out of the game was probably precautionary.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Hey guys.. Ranger fan/Kronwall fan here. Didn't get to see the hit so I'm just wondering what exactly happened? I have Kronwall on both my fantasy teams so I hope he's not out long enough that I have to drop him :cry:

Most importantly hoping he's OK

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Hey guys.. Ranger fan/Kronwall fan here. Didn't get to see the hit so I'm just wondering what exactly happened? I have Kronwall on both my fantasy teams so I hope he's not out long enough that I have to drop him :cry:

Most importantly hoping he's OK

He turned back into traffic and got boarded. The Av player should have let up but it was not really dirty. Illegal but not dirty. It looked like his head hit the dasher right on the ear where the helmet does not offer much protection.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 10s
Per Ken Holland, latest on Niklas Kronwall, he has "mild concussion."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 57s
Right now, Niklas Kronwall will fly with teammates to Phoenix. Sounds like hit looked much worse than impact seemed.

Last edited:

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
He turned back into traffic and got boarded. The Av player should have let up but it was not really dirty. Illegal but not dirty. It looked like his head hit the dasher right on the ear where the helmet does not offer much protection.

Big hit from behind by McLeod. Left on a stretcher.

GIF:

http://i.imgur.com/DB70mkG.gif

Ouchhh. I can't imagine how that looked at full speed. Definitely kind of a dumb play by McLeod but Kronwall also put himself in a vulnerable position. Hope he gets better soon and that there's no concussion

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 10s
Per Ken Holland, latest on Niklas Kronwall, he has "mild concussion."

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 57s
Right now, Niklas Kronwall will fly with teammates to Phoenix. Sounds like hit looked much worse than impact seemed.

Good News.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I think Kronner is a stand up dude- gets a lot of hate around the league but never saw him with a blatant cheap shot

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Glad to hear he isn't in too bad of shape.

Was listening to the Avs broadcast tonight and what a couple of classless clowns... as Kronwall was still getting loaded on the stretcher. 'Boy he had that coming, after injuring so many other guys with big hits over the years.'

He then went on to repeat a line of a similiar nature before Kronwall was stretchered off the ice.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Good news. It could've been alot of worse. Looked really bad at first.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Glad to hear he isn't in too bad of shape.

Was listening to the Avs broadcast tonight and what a couple of classless clowns... as Kronwall was still getting loaded on the stretcher. 'Boy he had that coming, after injuring so many other guys with big hits over the years.'

He then went on to repeat a line of a similiar nature before Kronwall was stretchered off the ice.

And Detroit sends them back to the locker room with another "L"

Boy, they had that coming.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
I really dislike hearing this kind of news...

The game has been over for an hour or so...

Whose to say he will have severe symptoms hit him during the night, into the next day, or even the day after.

I still personally would give him a few days just to make sure he really is symptom free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad