Confirmed with Link: Kris Russell 1-Year Extension ($1.25M)

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seattle isn't taking him. They are hiring analytics people.

If we decided to keep Russell for another 4M cap hit year (instead of moving him now to make better use of his cap space in 20/21) to starfish because we needed a warm body to expose for the draft, that's dumb. Coulda signed a cheap player or done a minor trade later to fill the expansion spot.

Wonder after Seattle doesn't take him if we'll be super nice like with Gryba and buy out his 1.25M deal because we don't wanna hurt his feeling and put him in the minors.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s fine as a bottom pairing D man, I like it at this cap hit.

You need depth on D to win. Most good teams are 8+ players deep on D to go on a big playoff run.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Seattle isn't taking him. They are hiring analytics people.

If we decided to keep Russell for another 4M cap hit year (instead of moving him now to make better use of his cap space in 20/21) to starfish because we needed a warm body to expose for the draft, that's dumb. Coulda signed a cheap player or done a minor trade later to fill the expansion spot.

why is it dumb??? exposing him makes it easier to protect someone else

Reactions: McTonyBrar

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will give the Oilers some flexibility in the expansion draft. When I heard the rumours of the extension, I was afraid of a 2mil contact.

I think hes a competent/reliable dman. Hes not a 4million dman but its hard to complain about 1.25mil.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad