Krejci Headshot-UPDATE: No Discipline

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'm not here to fall into a series of refutations of coy pedantry. Schenn coiled to change his angular momentum, the only possible result of which was to deliver most of his force into his opponent's head. That was the result of his actions, not some cherry picked hypothetical scenario.

The players in this league who get hit in the head get hit in the head because an opponent hit them in the head. Mistakes happen. Unfortunate accidents occur. You don't get those excuses when you coil up to leap; same as when you duck low. Your intention is clear.
I'm pretty much done with this thread, but just wanted to say the bolded was a pleasure to read. Kudos.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
So in essence, your answer is yes, even at the normal average hitting posture, Krecj still gets hit in the head,

Rather lengthy non-answer to a rather simple question, makes one believe you simply don't want to answer the question because you realize that in answering your question, you shouldn't be outraged any longer as by answering the question in the only way it can be answered, one can only conclude that BY THE RULES, this was a good hit.
Yeah, I never intimated any of that nonsense. Nice fanfic.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
If head shot season is open I hope the Bruins are going after Matthews with identical hits in the 1st round. He’s already softened up a bit and apparently it’s a ok to launch up and destroy someone in the dome. Dangerous precedent the league is setting right now but I don’t mind as a fan. As long as they call it both ways.

What a dumb post to make, i get it you're pissed about the leagues decision (which i fully agree with you on, that should be a suspension) but really dude ?

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Me, agreeing with the NHL rulebook and the ruling of the DoPS is me setting my own bar?

You, ignoring the rules and the statements made by the DoPS is just you being fair and unbiased and going by the "bar" that has been established?

makes sense.

so you are saying DOPs is infallible and never gets it wrong.

Glad we finally found such an infallible and perfect institution.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
So, lets hypothetically say that Schenn doesn't jump/raise up at all and comes in at a normal, average hitting posture.... does he still contact the head on this play?

so, hypothetically speaking, could Schenn have changed his own posture and angle and hit Krejci either left or right of the head, in say, the shoulder?

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
What a dumb post to make, i get it you're pissed about the leagues decision (which i fully agree with you on, that should be a suspension) but really dude ?

As a Bruin's fan I hope the Bruins never hit anyone in the head ever again. By accident or on purpose. That's probably impossible but I am tired of the head hits. I love a great body check and hits to the head are not body checks.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It should have been a 2 gamer at least. DoPS is a clown show, any none homer can see that. Why bother even having a "dops"? sort of foolish when you think about it they way they rule on things across the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad