Krejci Headshot-UPDATE: No Discipline

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Bad hit. Schenn knew it too, he was apologizing on the way to the box.

Not sure about suspension, we’ll see. Glad Krejci is ok.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I think any contact with the head should be a penalty. I get why people say it is a clean hit but i think the rules should be changed.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
He should sit for a couple of games for that. His toe may still have been on the ice at the time of impact, but he definitely was launching up into that. Head contact was avoidable. Krejci doesn't substantively change the positioning of his body immediately prior to the hit. It didn't cause an injury apparently (someone said Krejci didn't leave the game; correct me if that's wrong), so that's basically the only mitigating factor at all.

Granted, all I've seen is that short gif. Some more context would be nice.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Looked just like the hit on McAvoy, open season boys, didn’t you get the memo?

:shakehead

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
So Krejci puts himself in a vulnerable position lowering his head and it's a bad hit but when a Boston Bruin makes this hit its 'Keep your head up, buddy!'

Hypocrisy within NHL fan bases clearly exists, but this just a bad take. No substantive change to Krejci's body or head position occurred immediately prior to the hit. Between the time Schenn had committed to the hit he should have been able to throw it in a way to avoid head contact, or he should have avoided the hit entirely if he didn't think he could avoid head contact. Fans being inconsistent with their opinions on these kinds of hits doesn't change reality.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Backes hit is worse. the puck was away. The player was not eligible for the hit.

Regardless, Schenn's hit is bad and will be suspended

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad