Rumor: Kreider's NO Trade List includes ALL Canadian teams (Speculation on Destination)

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I have faith in Sakic not to do something monumentally stupid like that. That would be one of the worst deals in a long, long time IMO.
Given that he faces 0 pressure one can only hope that he is smarter than that. Kreider even at those moderate numbers will be a bad contract fairly soon IMO (only rivalled by Landeskog who will get his bad extension for sure) and given up Newhook and a 1st for the privilege of running 3 goalies and screwing up your cap sucks a bit to say the least.

I hope and believe the cutoff point for Sakic is Kaut and a 1st for Kreider. And I really, really hate that deal with a passion already as well.

Kaut and a first would be a blessing. Kreider is the perfect sandpaper scoring forward. He's been immensely better than landeskog this season and we most definitely need top 6 help.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think that's a part of it, but I also think that a lot of American players are turned off by the idea of playing for a Canadian market for various reasons.

I think Biznasty said this, but I heard him say based on who he’s talked to, the general feeling is that it would be fun to play in Canada for a little bit, but then go play in the U.S.

I get it, it would probably get old after a while with all the fan and media attention.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Kaut and a first would be a blessing. Kreider is the perfect sandpaper scoring forward. He's been immensely better than landeskog this season and we most definitely need top 6 help.

I think he and his value is terribly overrated due to the worst crop of pending UFAs/available players at the deadline that I can remember.
I also believe he is a very decent bet to be a really bad contract the moment he signs on July 1st.

Do we need top6 help right now with all these injuries? Yeah.
Will we make the playoffs if we stand pat and wait for the guys to return ? Very likely. Will we win a cup with all these guys injured/banged up just because we gave up a boatload for Kreider. Very unlikely.

The very best move for Sakic is to stand pat or atleast keep all his higher end assets including the 1st off the table and see what he can get for B-prospects and later round picks on deadline day.

Significantly overpaying for a Kreider would be a pretty horrible idea IMHO.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
GM's and coaches can't rely on prospects idealistic development. They are paid to win now and proven commodities are much more valuable than magic beans.
Kreider is a proven commodity who brings a physical presence that very few wingers can. That kind of game is invaluable in the playoffs and GM's/coaches know it. That is why so many teams are in on Kreider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad