Recalled/Assigned: Kreider and Mashinter recalled to Rangers

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
He's not slow. Just unsure at times. I've seen this guy skate live, he isn't slow, but he needs to play a simple game, and play with some confidence. I think he can be a Brandon Bollig type. Dude is a legit heavy weight.

He sucks, flat out plain and simple. He's slow, not that talented and for a guy with so called "jam" he plays with no intensity

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
He's not slow. Just unsure at times. I've seen this guy skate live, he isn't slow, but he needs to play a simple game, and play with some confidence. I think he can be a Brandon Bollig type. Dude is a legit heavy weight.
Exactly. Was very hesitant and didn't do much of anything in last year's cameo. Bollig is a good comparison and one who is dressed every night for the reigning champs. As eco put it, he needs to go all out and earn a chance to stick.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Is it just me, or is it starting to feel like John Tortorella was the only thing that covered up the fact this organization isn't really building with a plan but just playing musical chairs?

It's also possible that the trade for Rick Nash and inability to resign Brandon Prust changed the makeup of this team in such a big way that the team is now neither skilled enough nor stiff enough to win.

out of the first 7 games, there were 2 wins, and those wins the Rangers were dominate through most of the games and exciting to watch. The problem is consistency, carrying that over to the next game. I don't understand how a Rangers team (any Rangers team), comes out so flat and pathetic against the Devils, that was just sickening to watch. Missing Callahan is an obvious reason, but can't be an excuse for poor play, nobody stepped up to try filling that void left by Callahan.

If the Rangers kept Prust and made the Nash trade, this time would look completely different than now and it would be worth it. Losing Prust to me was the worst thing that happened to this team, because we had not had a player play so hard and care so much for his teammates than him in a long time. After that head hit by Brouwer on Stepan, Prust would have gone right after Brouwer with at least a hit and some words. Same with the hit on Nash in the San Jose game.

If the Rangers don't do the Nash trade and they keep Prust, then the same play that got them to the conference finals in 2012 would continue and more and more injuries would be occurring and the team would be worn out by the conference finals again. So the team needed to evolve, and here we are.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
BTW I'm in the boat for calling up Haley. His persona brings a little something to a team that is desperately needed. I think he can help change momentum more than Mashinter can, but at this point I'll take any guy willing to push back. Haley's balls to the wall mentally is needed, and he's a guy that can draw a fight without taking an extra penalty.

Haley was the guy taking care of business last year in the minors with McIlrath hurt. Dude stepped up like 15 times in 40 games, every time his team needed it from the games I saw.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
BTW I'm in the boat for calling up Haley. His persona brings a little something to a team that is desperately needed. I think he can help change momentum more than Mashinter can, but at this point I'll take any guy willing to push back. Haley's balls to the wall mentally is needed, and he's a guy that can draw a fight without taking an extra penalty.

Haley was the guy taking care of business last year in the minors with McIlrath hurt. Dude stepped up like 15 times in 40 games, every time his team needed it from the games I saw.
I agree. I like what Haley brings with the gloves on better than Mash. But as long as division teams are dressing the Rosehills and Carkners of the world, Mash is the only one that can answer. The team needs life and "push back" as you said.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011

In his two longest NHL stints, he has taken way more penalties than he has drawn.

10/11 (27 games): 1.7 Penalties Taken/60 (minutes of ice time) versus 0.3 Penalties Drawn/60
11/12 (14 games): 2.2 Penalties Taken/60 versus 0.6 Penalties Drawn/60

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...ELHALEY&f1=2012_s+2012_p+2011_s+2010_s+2009_s

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I would rather keep Kreider in Hartford like most of you, Mashinter haven't shown much if anything with the Rangers but with the Flyers next it doesn't hurt to have an extra big guy. And oh yeah Haley, call him up.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
AV actually went to Hartford, and watched the Pack, and specifically Kreider, play. The game he saw, Kreider only had a secondary assist, so clearly, AV saw something in Kreider that made him want him in New York.

But no, you guys, who haven't watched a single minute of AHL hockey, know more than the coaches.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
AV actually went to Hartford, and watched the Pack, and specifically Kreider, play. The game he saw, Kreider only had a secondary assist, so clearly, AV saw something in Kreider that made him want him in New York.

But no, you guys, who haven't watched a single minute of AHL hockey, know more than the coaches.

Excellent point!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

I've watched the games. He looks a lot like he did in the final preseason game which he was good in. He is going to the net and using his speed to get past defenders and gets to pucks. More importantly is going to the front, something that they have not done well even though AV has stressed it. He should get PP time in front, whether first or second unit.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas

Yeah, he saw that Kreider has the best chance of being able to actually provide something in our top-six. It doesn't mean Kreider's played particularly well (or poorly) or that he's ready to come back up. It just means we're losing, we look terrible, we've got a lot of injuries and hardly ANY players capable of filling in the top-six roles we need filled, so Kreider is the best option available. That doesn't make these posters wrong about the way he's being yo-yo'd back and forth between the AHL/NHL or the fact that he'd be better off playing a lot in the AHL and finding his game, but the situation dictates that we need a body who has top-six potential and Kreider is really one of the only forwards in the organization that has that, that isn't already with the team. Why act like the fact that Kreider is coming up makes everyone here wrong when the fact is, there's not really anyone else who makes sense either. That's our organizational depth.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Kreider better at least be centered by Stepan or Brassard. Going to pull my hair out if they stick him with Boyle or Moore.
Stepan and kreider have great chemistry so it makes sense to have them together. I had no problem with them keeping kreider in hartford for awhile but sooner or later they need to take the training wheels off and let the kid just play. i mean lets afce it we have no offensive production anyway so it wont hurt giving some kids a try

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

Shut your face all of that is too logical, this is all about the secret plan to ruin Kreiders development because he's a bruins fan at heart and nobody in the organization wants him to develop into a good player and bolt to Boston.

Call me crazy but I'm excited to see what mash can do, he works well on the boards and has a big body, if he wants a job in this league he's gotta use it.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
well, I'd rather loose with the young guys than the Pyatts, and Pouliotts, of the world.
Exactly. The only way for the kids like kreider and miller to get used to the nhl game is to experience it. Guys like Pyatt Zuccarello and Pouillat have had plenty of chances to contribute and have done squat. id rather give the kids a shot

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I just don't quite understand why Sather ever signed a guy like Pyatt in the first place. What was appealing about him, at this stage in his career? Big, slow, soft, unproductive. All words I would have used to describe him before he came to NY. And yet, here he is, averaging 15+ minutes a night for our team a couple of years later.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
I would like to see Miller at center. Could be one reason why he's hasn't looked great thus far.

I like this lineup with everyone healthy. but a lot depends on how Kreider/Miller perform.

Richards-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Miller-
Haley-Boyle-Dorsett

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Exactly. The only way for the kids like kreider and miller to get used to the nhl game is to experience it. Guys like Pyatt Zuccarello and Pouillat have had plenty of chances to contribute and have done squat. id rather give the kids a shot

When young players havent looked comfortable playing in the NHL, the answer isn't more NHL.

The choice here is between bad NHL'ers or (right now) non-NHL'ers, which isnt an enviable choice at all.

At this point, I dont care what they do with Kreider as long as its definitive.

BarbaraAlphanse

Kreider up??!!??!!?

This arm chair coach coulda told you to do this 2 weeks ago.... :naughty:

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
Well, we want youth, here it is. Fast, Miller, and Kreider all have that opportunity right now. If they can't take advantage of this, then we really are in deep crap not only in the present but for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad