Recalled/Assigned: Kreider and Mashinter recalled to Rangers

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Don't know how I feel about this.

Guess it can't be worse than what we have now.

goalsequalvictory

Apr 28, 2013
I like the Mashinter callup, brings some needed toughness to the lineup, and he can't be any worse than Powe in terms of offensive production.

Not sure how I feel about Kreider, if he's going to stay up and be allowed to work through his mistakes while getting decent minutes, it's a good move, if it's for 4th line duty and he's going to be sent down as soon as Hagelin is back, it's a bad move.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
mashinter is a terrible hockey player and doesnt play physical in the nhl. haley wouldve been a better call up

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Again I rather go w kreider and miller right now. Pray the prove the belong . Mashinter I can't see doing anything. So who sits?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
with Callahan out, I wouldn't play Mashtiner over Powe.

With Powe gone, thats one less guy who can PK.. and thus, more Pyatt killing penalties.

Colby

Mar 2, 2011
I don't understand all the love for Haley. Does it really make much of a difference whether it's him or Mashinter? They're both marginal players who will be asked to fill marginal roles.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Should be Mash and Haley up. Kreider, Miller and Fast should all be getting a 20-30 game stretch in HFD just like Hags and McD did. Dumb player development.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Why are people calling out management for 'terrible player development'

Does anyone look at the ****ing circumstances right now with injuries? You act as if these players are Bantam level. They are PRO's who are signed to contracts and in the case of injury, or needing a spark you CALL THEM UP.

I don't agree with Pyatt getting 17 minutes of ice time or playing on the power play, but that is an entirely different story.

The situation is what is ****ed up right now. You go with what you have. The SITUATION needs to be dramatically changed. Trades, etc.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just terrible player development from the organization right now.

What a joke.

Couldn't agree more.

Injuries have forced our hand here though a little bit, in order to stay competitive.

Still, I see no reason why a couple of the AHL vets aren't up here instead of the young kids.

Miller and Kreider should stay put in CT until they force the organization to call them up and give them a real top-6 shot.

I suspect we'll see Hagelin return before Nash. The nuisance of injuries making the Rangers dive deep into the depth of their organization will continue for at least three more games.

I don't know why Powe doesn't just stay up. I don't know why Haley never gets a shot to crack the lineup.

These injuries ****ing suck.

Hopefully Chris can solidify a spot while he's up here. At least that way, he won't get yo-yo'd back down to Hartford.

azrok22

Mar 8, 2006
Should be Mash and Haley up. Kreider, Miller and Fast should all be getting a 20-30 game stretch in HFD just like Hags and McD did. Dumb player development.

Kreider better at least be centered by Stepan or Brassard. Going to pull my hair out if they stick him with Boyle or Moore.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Richards-Brassard-Fast
Kreider-Miller-Pyatt
Pouliot-Stepan-Zuccarello
Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett

Nah, who am I kidding. This will be it...

Richards-Brassard-Pyatt
Pouliot-Boyle-Zuccarello
Mashinter-Stepan-Fast
Kreider-Moore-Dorsett

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad