GDT: Kraken @ Flames - Return of the Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
his contract requires waivers doesnt it?

all I know is we are gonna waive Kylington to keep Gudbranson and I am gonna spew Lucky Charms across the room

I guess it does yeah, thought it was 4 professional seasons or 147GP that you were exempt but it's actually just 4 seasons total since signing.

If they waive Kyller after all the time and development he's put in this franchise is even more lost than I thought. The Gudbranson deal is a sign the whole pro scouting department needs to be purged.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Dube-Coleman
Monahan-Backlund-Pelletier

Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Valimaki-Zadorov

I ship hard for that top-six, but I don't think this is Pelletier's year. Let him marinate a little longer, and stick Looch with Backs and Mony, and it would be chef's kiss.

It seems Kylington has made Sutter's job a bit more difficult, but we can't do our boy Vali like that lmao the kid is talented af, but super raw still, only 23 years old. He either needs to be paired with Tanev or kept out of in favour of Stone imo

Hanifin - Ras
Vali - Tanev
Zad - Kylington

or

Hanifin - Ras
Kylington - Tanev
Zad - Stone

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Does Darryl's new found love of Kylington mean he thinks the rest of the d is shit? Or has Kylington taken a step forward?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Does Darryl's new found love of Kylington mean he thinks the rest of the d is shit? Or has Kylington taken a step forward?
It's obvious, Sutter thinks Kylington is a
Frontside_view_S_web-1.jpg

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Sutter made the comment the other day that he's had more discussions with "Ollie" this offseason and has concluded they think the game in the same way.

Likely more that Kylington is better prepared for what is being asked of him, and more prepared to play in the system as a result.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Sutter made the comment the other day that he's had more discussions with "Ollie" this offseason and has concluded they think the game in the same way.

Likely more that Kylington is better prepared for what is being asked of him, and more prepared to play in the system as a result.

If Kylington could just be an everyday player I'd be so happy. Watching him skate is so fun, I'd do horrible things to be able to skate that effortlessly.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Scooter?

Electric mobility device?
Mobile, sturdy, rugged, can collect many pucks and zip around while getting doors opened for you...

I seriously thought that that kind of mobility back there, was obvious.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021

General Zad/Kylington incoming.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Even if Kylington was absolutely awful defensively (which he isn't), I'd still want him in over Stone's and Gudbranson's so we could see excitement on both ends of the ice instead of having to see the disasters in our own zone as the only excitement from the D.

Vali and Kylington together would be lit on #2PP.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

This makes me so happy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Sutter does strike me as the only coach we've had that would actually tell a kid with some skill what exactly he needs to do to get better versus 'just get better defensively' to be a regular NHLer.

If this guy could literally just become replacement level on the defensive side of the game, he'd be a regular NHLer with the speed and skill he has. It looks like he figured that out, now it's just a matter of keeping that going and winning a spot. With all the horribleness that was the Flames this offseason, it wouldn't hurt to have a young Dman become a regular than Erik Gudbranson playing 82 games.

Darth Vladar

Sep 10, 2021
Sutter does strike me as the only coach we've had that would actually tell a kid with some skill what exactly he needs to do to get better versus 'just get better defensively' to be a regular NHLer.

If this guy could literally just become replacement level on the defensive side of the game, he'd be a regular NHLer with the speed and skill he has. It looks like he figured that out, now it's just a matter of keeping that going and winning a spot. With all the horribleness that was the Flames this offseason, it wouldn't hurt to have a young Dman become a regular than Erik Gudbranson playing 82 games.

I don't think anyone expects Guddy to suit up for the full 82 lmao but you're right about Kyller, he is definitely NHL-level in virtually every respect but defensively. I'd argue that he's better than many defensemen already playing in the NHL regularly. he's certainly capable of QB'ing a power play imo if he was actually able to tighten up the other aspects of his game, he'd be a second-pair dman easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany