GDT: Kraken at Detroit--Need a Road Win Badly

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, even though the pk couldn't hold up, for the first time, the team finally scored some goals and got the win.

Good to see Matty getting a couple of points and Kartye's just doing his thing.

Now we're off to Carolina for game two of this road swing.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Good fight back. Good finish.

I am not too happy about the fact that other teams are taking liberties with our players and the team is not stepping up to defend them. PEB, Beniers, Kartye all got taken liberties against yesterday, and the team should have stepped in.

I am a big advocate of skill over brawn on the ice, but we honestly cannot let other teams push us around.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

I am not too happy about the fact that other teams are taking liberties with our players and the team is not stepping up to defend them. PEB, Beniers, Kartye all got taken liberties against yesterday, and the team should have stepped in.

I am a big advocate of skill over brawn on the ice, but we honestly cannot let other teams push us around.

It seems like rookie Kartye and 40 goal scorer McCann are the only ones doing something about it....

Personally I thought it's Haydn time but I guess Ron wants to keep on adding that cap space and just doesn't call up anyone....

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Hayden's not a very good hockey player but there might not be any alternative. They need somebody to step up and take that on that's for sure.
A lot of teams playing tougher this year, it's the copycat league thing based on last year's playoffs.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Teams often select 4th liners at least partly for their ability to step up and physically protect others in the lineup. We selected 4th liners who need protection (and have no one to do the protecting). I don't want any straight goons who can't play, but it would be nice to have more muscle back there.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Teams often select 4th liners at least partly for their ability to step up and physically protect others in the lineup. We selected 4th liners who need protection (and have no one to do the protecting). I don't want any straight goons who can't play, but it would be nice to have more muscle back there.
Yeah. That's what I want too. Unfortunately, effective players like that will likely come through our prospect pool. This will get better in a few years but for now, it might be worth "overpaying" for an effective 4th liner on a 2-3 year contract to fit that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad