Boston Globe KPD: Under Don Sweeney, Bruins reemerged as an NHL power

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Sweeney has done a commendable job as GM. To be sure, he has made mistakes, namely, the Beleskey signing and trading for Zac Rinaldo. I am also not a fan of Backes's contract. Moreover, I still think that he should have drafted Barzal in 2015. On the other hand, the team's drafting overall has been great the past couple of seasons, the prospect pool is deep and strong, and the contracts given to Marchand and Pastrnak are excellent deals.

Reactions: JOKER 192

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
That’s not KPD’s thing. He’s definitely not a flip-flopper. When he doesn’t like someone or something, you know it.
You aren't wrong, questioned one of his tweets a few years ago, went back a few hours later and was blocked. Which sucks cos I miss a lot of stuff and I think he may have just been getting flamed and rather than read posts he just blocked everyone in the conversation. Poor form for a professional.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
What I like best about Sweeny is that when he makes a mistake (Beleskey) he recognizes it and corrects it. Some GM's are to proud to admit a mistake . Making mistakes as a GM is going to happen, what you do about a mistake when it happens is what sets apart winners and losers.

Human nature is to want to ride a sunk cost as long as possible and not try to correct it. Kudos to DS for quickly dealing with that one.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad