Boston Globe KPD: Has Rick Nash played his last game as a Bruin?

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
KPD was on Toucher and Rich this morning. He provided a bit more detail on why he wrote the article. He basically said that Cassidy, compared to past Boston coaches, is an extremely media friendly coach. If he has information to share, he generally does. In this case, Cassidy was extremely cryptic and a bit awkard when asked about Nash. Whether you like KPD or not, he has been doing this work for a long time. It was a pretty solid interview. I like him more on radio than I do in print or on social media.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Donato looks good with Krejci....Can he play the right side once DeBrusk comes back.........When healthy hope we see.........

Marchy-Bergie-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato.....Can Donato play this side ? Or Heinen and Donato switch. Can Heinen play there?
Heinen-Nash-Backes
Shaller-Kuraly-Wingles

Acciari-Gionta

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato.....Can Donato play this side ? Or Heinen and Donato switch. Can Heinen play there?
I feel like this is the key question. Krejci has displayed more chemistry with DeBrusk and Donato than he has with anyone else this season, but they can't both play LW. Not like Krejci and Rick looked bad together, but they didn't quite click. I'm hoping DeBrusk-Krejci-Donato is an option.

If it is, and Rick comes back, then you're looking at an embarrassment of riches in the bottom 6, almost too good to know what to do with it.

I'd try this to start:

Heinen-Riley-Rick
Schaller-Kuraly-Backes

While Heinen is the one with experience on the 4th line, and Heinen-Riley-Backes was such a good option for so long, you just can't really put Rick on the 4th line. Backes should be able to handle it quite nicely.

Heinen is a capable RW BTW.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
KPD was on Toucher and Rich this morning. He provided a bit more detail on why he wrote the article. He basically said that Cassidy, compared to past Boston coaches, is an extremely media friendly coach. If he has information to share, he generally does. In this case, Cassidy was extremely cryptic and a bit awkard when asked about Nash. Whether you like KPD or not, he has been doing this work for a long time. It was a pretty solid interview. I like him more on radio than I do in print or on social media.

Cassidy was also asked how Debrusk is doing last week and all he said was “No, not close”

But than 5 days later he is skating and projected to play this weekend

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Cassidy was also asked how Debrusk is doing last week and all he said was “No, not close”

But than 5 days later he is skating and projected to play this weekend
Yeah, overall I think what Cassidy is doing is doing his best to not put pressure on a) the players to rush back and b) himself to get them into the line-up. They'll be back when they're ready for it, not a day sooner, and that's how it should be in the position the team is in.

It'd be nice to catch Tampa, but a healthy lineup starting the playoffs is so much more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad