Boston Globe KPD: Has Rick Nash played his last game as a Bruin?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Cassidy said the B’s could get 4 guys back this week (everyone but Nash). If that stays the same headed into the playoffs, the lines will be:

63-37-88
74-46-17
43-20-42
59-52-55

Cassidy loves that Bottom 6.
What about Backes moving up with Krejci and Debrusk and Donato moving to line 3 with Heinen and Nash ?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
What about Backes moving up with Krejci and Debrusk and Donato moving to line 3 with Heinen and Nash ?

I this idea better.

That second line doesn't look like it could cycle the puck effectively. I'd rather get Backes into the corners working for the puck for Debrusk and Krejci.

Then you have to hope line 3 can score in transition.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

I like the idea of spreading out the experience. I go Debrusk/Krejci/Donato and Heinen/Nash/Backes. Also Krejci on the same line as Backes strikes me as a little slow.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
17th - Tampa game
18th - Donato signs

Almost certainly a coincidence but who knows. If they knew Nash was cooked it could've accelerated things. Concussions suck.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Nice to see I'm not the only one who despises Paquette on here. I just remember him messing with Chara and thinking, "does this dum-dum really want to go there?!??" Because you just know it wouldn't end well for Paquette. Unless he turtled and drew a penalty on Chara, which was probably his intention all along.

Lol dum dum is something that I could hear Tony Randall as Felix Unger calling Oscar :laugh:

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
:popcorn:

A little more drama to chew on

Has Rick Nash played his last game as a Bruin? - The Boston Globe

WINNIPEG, Manitoba — Rick Nash — remember him? — was considered the prize catch of the NHL’s February trade deadline. Not considered among the favorites to deal for him as the Feb. 26 buzzer drew near, the Bruins were thrilled to acquire the veteran winger from the Rangers, ecstatic about adding him for what they hope will be a deep playoff run.

Now the question lingers: Will the 6-foot-4-inch right winger be seen again in the Black-and-Gold batting order anytime soon, or at all, with but eight games remaining in the regular season?

It’s beginning to sound doubtful.

So, Fenway, was it your intent to start a conversation about KDP and what a dick he is now?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I know everyone is having fun ripping KDP, but this to me (and I actually read it) sounds like a read-between-the-lines "I've been told something I can't actually report" type of story. My bet is he has a very good idea what the injury is but can't say it and burn his source.

Yes, and I 'm no KPD fan. I don't dislike Nash but believe, and posted at the time, that he doesn't appear to have a killer instinct, for lack of a better term. He disappears. I wasn't crazy about the deal for that reason.

Wondered in the past whether his concussion history made him gun shy about entering major traffic or "dirty areas." Those who have observed more closely might offer an opinion here.

Wish Nash well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He has 2 weeks to make it back for game 1 of the playoffs. I don't think he needs a regular season tuneup. McAvoy's injury is one where you'd want him to give it a go in the last regular season game to get his edges back under him. Wonder if they think about starting him lower in the lineup and playing other guys with DK?

Jack218D

Jan 27, 2012
I have not looked but has any of the beat writers, or anyone else back this up in anyway?

In actual fact that is..

Bruins paid a steep price for Nash. My guess is that they being extremely cautious over this, and keeping him on ice for POs. No need to rush him. He is listed as day to day, not indefinite. KPD is clearly reaching here.

Reactions: bbfan419

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Like a previous poster said, I don’t see why they don’t say he has a concussion. It’s not like they’re going to go after his head on purpose when he comes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad