Post-Game Talk: Kovi's Komrades VS the Winlesspeg Thrashers - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This loss is on Blaine. It is a joke that two power play units with this much talent can’t get it done.

Imagine if he was as bad as his job in any other profession. Would there be this much of a leash? No chance

This and he should be replaced asap.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Outscored 6-0 since making it 3-0 on Tuesday night. The offense will be there but the defense is still a huge concern. They still aren’t playing very tight defensively and their neutral zone defense is literally nonexistent. Other teams skate through the neutral zone freely which just can’t happen.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
As I said, would be nice to score before it’s 3-0.

OV was brutal tonight. Forsythe is Forsythe. Hellebuyck was good. That sums it up.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
If only there was someone in the media that had the balls to question what it is the organization pays Blaine to do

It would be funny if Koken actually asked him bluntly during a game interview why the PP sucks and he is still there. Did anyone notice Koken referred to Eakin as Dallas Eakins earlier in game? I was like Al that was over 20 years ago with the real Jets, lol.

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Outscored 6-0 since making it 3-0 on Tuesday night. The offense will be there but the defense is still a huge concern. They still aren’t playing very tight defensively and their neutral zone defense is literally nonexistent. Other teams skate through the neutral zone freely which just can’t happen.

Explain this to me? The first goal against was a cheap shot from the blue line. The 3rd goal was an empty netter. Meanwhile the Jets goalie looked like a Vezina candidate playing a desperate game for his team.

Maybe I am nuts but it looked to me like the Caps had plenty of quality chances up and down the lineup and the power play got stoned. Where am I wrong?

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I think many here are overreacting. I thought we played quite well.

Hellebuyck was fantastic and Sammy was pretty good too.
Don't get to see him often, but crikies Connor is good.

We aren't playing great yet, but we are improving and I don't subscribe to those that think home ice is not important in the playoffs. We need to win the division.

I'd be happy to gradually wind things up for the next month and hit the playoffs at full throttle.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I think many here are overreacting. I thought we played quite well.

Hellebuyck was fantastic and Sammy was pretty good too.
Don't get to see him often, but crikies Connor is good.

We aren't playing great yet, but we are improving and I don't subscribe to those that think home ice is not important in the playoffs. We need to win the division.

I'd be happy to gradually wind things up for the next month and hit the playoffs at full throttle.
Agreed on all points. Sammy played well and I don’t think the Caps were awful by any means. Hellebuyck played lights out. It happens.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Explain this to me? The first goal against was a cheap shot from the blue line. The 3rd goal was an empty netter. Meanwhile the Jets goalie looked like a Vezina candidate playing a desperate game for his team.

Maybe I am nuts but it looked to me like the Caps had plenty of quality chances up and down the lineup and the power play got stoned. Where am I wrong?
They also had a few breakaways and we had more egregious turnovers. We didn’t get much netfront presence. But the PP was egregiously bad and Forsythe has been a massive failure for the past couple seasons.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
This is why giving up a soft goal early in a playoff game can be so devastating. That game looks a lot different without that Kulikov goal and it really shouldn't have gone in. It wouldn't matter normally. He only gave up 2. He well played strong enough to win. I saw at least 3 goal posts and saw Ov with 3 or 4 clean scoring chances that were stopped. They should have scored one to even that one goal off. It didn't happen.

Its another low gaa game. Take it and move on

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They also had a few breakaways and we had more egregious turnovers. We didn’t get much netfront presence. But the PP was egregiously bad and Forsythe has been a massive failure for the past couple seasons.

Who is they? I saw Vrana had at least 2 himself and a goal post. If you mean the Jets, they have good players that are getting paid too.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010

That’s why I said I’m not worried about the offense. I thought they were generally pretty good (besides Ovi and Wilson blindly throwing every puck off the wall to a Jet) but Hellebuyck was just better tonight. It happens. Tip your cap and move on.

I still think the team defense is pretty concerning though. The defensive zone has definitely been looking better. But I think there’s still been too many careless turnovers and they give up way too much offense off the rush, whether it be by the Caps getting 3 forwards caught low or poor neutral zone defense. I would say that’s the biggest concern from now until the rest of the season. There’s no resistance when teams are skating the puck up the ice right now and it puts the defensemen in a really tough spot facing constant speed and 3v2’s.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That’s why I said I’m not worried about the offense. I thought they were generally pretty good (besides Ovi and Wilson blindly throwing every puck off the wall to a Jet) but Hellebuyck was just better tonight. It happens. Tip your cap and move on.

I still think the team defense is pretty concerning though. The defensive zone has definitely been looking better. But I think there’s still been too many careless turnovers and they give up way too much offense off the rush, whether it be by the Caps getting 3 forwards caught low or poor neutral zone defense. I would say that’s the biggest concern from now until the rest of the season. There’s no resistance when teams are skating the puck up the ice right now and it puts the defensemen in a really tough spot facing constant speed and 3v2’s.

Those things wont disappear overnight. They have up 2 goals. One of which was soft.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Those things wont disappear overnight. They have up 2 goals. One of which was soft.
Well they need to disappear or it’s going to be very tough to do anything in the playoffs. The neutral zone defense and getting 3 forwards caught low constantly is a systematic problem that needs to be fixed. The defensive zone has been better lately, hopefully they can fix this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad