Post-Game Talk: Kovi's Komrades VS the Winlesspeg Thrashers - 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
maybe they did, but Trotz chose to quit.

his shelf life was essentially done. The Cup may have extended his usefulness a few years tops....not 5 at that pay rate.

When the season started without an extension I believe he was essentially gone then. He was insulted to have to coach as a lame duck. I suppose a mid year extension might have worked but that was when they were thinking about canning him. All we remember are the good times when we don't like the current guy.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yep, one thing that is predictable, the physicality ramps up in the playoffs every week. The Caps are built for the playoffs. Doesn't mean we will get the goaltending, but it does mean we're going to lay some wood on anyone that wants to get past us.

Can't f***ing wait! The RS has grown mostly boring to me.

The season is played in 20 game stages. First 20 is evaluation. Teams experiment and try new players and look for combinations. Second 20 is making decisions based on the evaluations. 3rd 20 is surviving the dog days and getting ready for the deadline. Final 20 is playing your playoff team into playoff condition. You can see it every year. Each 20 game stretch gets tighter. Each 20 game stretch gets officiated a little less tight.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
When the season started without an extension I believe he was essentially gone then. He was insulted to have to coach as a lame duck. I suppose a mid year extension might have worked but that was when they were thinking about canning him. All we remember are the good times when we don't like the current guy.

His contract structure was done almost perfectly by the Caps. Win a Cup and we would have been fine with another 2 years of Barry. He should have negotiated like a doubling in his salary after a Cup win....that’s where it all fell apart IMO.

Caps knew he was unlikely to last Cup +5....it’s bittersweet, but I think both sides made the right business decision.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The quote below, from @twabby, is gold. Swap "Rierden" in twabby's quote w/ Laviolette, Gallant, etc and it's literally verbatim as to what people are saying right now.

Fantastic pull. But I would add that Barry actually had a record of alarming playoff failure where Reirden basically has no record at all either way. I get that we have to maximize the remaining 8-19 years, but it's kind of amazing to hear people calling for a man's job while he's essentially still a rookie.

Yep, one thing that is predictable, the physicality ramps up in the playoffs every week. The Caps are built for the playoffs. Doesn't mean we will get the goaltending, but it does mean we're going to lay some wood on anyone that wants to get past us.

Can't f***ing wait! The RS has grown mostly boring to me.

For you, for me, and for a lot of the players, it seems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad