News Article: Kovalev talking smack about Subban

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
« C’est un bon joueur, mais il demeure un défenseur risqué. Il peut procurer cinq buts, mais en permettre cinq donc le pointage serait égal. Je le compare toujours à Brian Leetch car il veut aussi jouer un style plus offensif. Il ne prend pas toujours les bonnes décisions et il joue seulement comme il le faisait dans la rue dans son enfance », a jugé Kovalev sans retenue.

transalation

Subban is bad defensively, wants to be Brian Leetch and doesn't take the right decisions. :shakehead

This guy really lost it
Let me guess, we care because Kovy was an example of intensity and defensive work?

He should crawl back in his hole and stay there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Kovalev the player who floated more than he gave a determined effort? That Kovalev? He should look in the mirror. He had enough issues of his own in his game.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
It would be, except that it's incredibly racist! It also references marijuana. So no, we can't use that idiom here.

Pot calling the kettle black has nothing to do with race. It means someone calling out someone else for doing things for which he/she were known to do.

I don't know how you put race into the equation. I just imaging you take everything over to top and make issues out of nothing.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Pot calling the kettle black has nothing to do with race. It means someone calling out someone else for doing things for which he/she were known to do.

I don't know how you put race into the equation. I just imaging you take everything over to top and make issues out of nothing.
:laugh:

Analyzer*

You can see the video, which was in English for those anglophones, on the TSN website.

It is very hypocritical though. How does man who played the "give 5 goals get 5 goals" way his entire career talk smack about a guy. Especially when Subban is more of a give 2 get 1 or get 1 give 2 kind of player depending on the night.

So, you're saying PK sucks defensively and likes to be behind a goal ?

Saintpatrick*

Maybe someone should call Kovalev out. Maybe if he wasn't a lazy piece of **** he would be a hall of famer. Didn't like him when he played for us because he played every 3rd game. Subban gives his all every game. Gainey had to take a walk on the beach with this ****er to get him motivated to do his job. He can take his opinion and his NY Ranger hat and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Let me guess, we care because Kovy was an example of intensity and defensive work?

He should crawl back in his hole and stay there.
Bingo!

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Oh, I see.

I'll just leave this here.

Do not leave it here.

Please explain:
  • Kovalev was not touched?
  • Kovalev was not hurt?
  • Kovalev is used to dive?
  • Leaving the door opened here.

Title of the post is:
Glen Murray wins it in overtime while Kovalev fakes an injury.​
The link to the youtube account who posted this (and title) is here (please click here).

Do you agree with the title?
If you do, the way to the Bruins board is there --->

How many times have you seen Kovalev fake an injury?
Was he really like Brad Marchand?

I know you are not happy with Kovalev's but I feel you are pushing your luck here.
Find another post of the same incident and I will not complain...

To me it is a clear case where a penalty should have been given.

Just want you to tell us your interpretation.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
More proof the most talented players don't necessarily understand the game the best when it comes to play off their stick.

Mynameismark*

Well I just lost a bit of respect for Kovalev, my once favourite player.

I can understand that he might not see him as the best decision maker (maybe a symptom of Subban being alone out there doing everything by himself perhaps), but to write him off as the future captain of the Canadiens?.. ya just keep yer yap shut, hater.

So he cant have an opinion but you can. Cool.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Kovalev loved and wanted all the spotlight. I bet it kills him to see someone more popular wearing Bleu Blanc Rouge.

This is like an office situation where a prettier/more talented woman is hired which makes other jealous.

Ahh insecurities.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
As soon as I read Kovy's comments I came here for the laughs... and boy you guys did not disappoint.:handclap:

It is very ironic coming from Kovalev and while I don't agree 100% with him, he is mainly right.

-The contract is bad (maybe in a few years it will be worth it)
-He is a risky defenseman
-Markov should be captain but he doesn't want and doesn't need to be
-Pacioretty has proved to be a leader with his on and off-ice performance and could very well be the next captain.

Only thing I don't agree is that Subban would score 5 but would maybe allow 2 (not 5 goals back).

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
See That's Hockey segment on TSN website, Dave Reid says it all.

It's the "Kovalev Critisizes Subban" video on the video section. Go to the main site, it's on the right.

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
I'm not going to shoot the messenger here because we all know Kovalev wasn't the most defensively responsible but I kind of agree with his sentiment. I'm a Subban super fan but I think signing that contract might be the worst thing for him. What if he doesn't live up to it?

Mr Jackpot

Mar 16, 2013
Montreal
Kovalev is not good at math, he said if Subban scores 5 goal and allow 5 goals, the score is gonna be 0-0, no the score is gonna be 5-5.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not going to shoot the messenger here because we all know Kovalev wasn't the most defensively responsible but I kind of agree with his sentiment. I'm a Subban super fan but I think signing that contract might be the worst thing for him. What if he doesn't live up to it?

Well if he doesn't live up to it, it's going to suck, but I have a tough time believing he's going to regress that much. Unless of course he suffers a big injury.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA

........and what if you win the cup this season? #icomeinpeaceasalways

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Puzzling comments. I can understand the leetch parallel to a certain extent, but the contracts handed out are simply a reflection of the economic times.

Kovalev has seen the the open market system, which fetched him 6.6 mil per year, and be saw the post lockout salary cap system which originally got him 4.5 million per year. If I'm not mistaken, his next contract fetched him even more money despite getting old on the tooth. The salaries are linked to the present day vitality of the NHL, how can he not understand that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad