News Article: Kovalev talking smack about Subban

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I also think that there is some jealousy going on, Subban being the new local hockey deity, while the sun has set on Kovy's career. Not to mention the difference in paychecks.

Also just another proof to me that it's not because you played the game that you actually know what you're talking about. At least not on ALL subjects.

Yep PK is an offensive d-man that comes with making some mistakes because he is offensively oriented. No ****. But then, I would say that the defensive d-man ALSO makes mistakes because of their relatively medicore offensive since they always shut the puck towards the boards instead of trying to do something with it. But then, it's more spectacular when an offensive d-man makes a mistake......Such an easy comment by Kovy.....but then, you can't expect too much from a Rangers fan....:D

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
He didnt talk smack, he said he is very good offensively but defensively he is risky

Rds media always blowwing things out of proportion. Yannick Lehoux has the worst english ive ever seen

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
He lost my attention when he talks about Max Pacioretty for captain.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Also just another proof to me that it's not because you played the game that you actually know what you're talking about. At least not on ALL subjects.

Yep PK is an offensive d-man that comes with making some mistakes because he is offensively oriented. No ****. But then, I would say that the defensive d-man ALSO makes mistakes because of their relatively medicore offensive since they always shut the puck towards the boards instead of trying to do something with it. But then, it's more spectacular when an offensive d-man makes a mistake......Such an easy comment by Kovy.....but then, you can't expect too much from a Rangers fan....:D

I take it back. Kovy was voted top forward since 2000 on these boards. That has obviously further inflated his ego. It may not have been jealousy after all.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
This too. Probably one of the worst decisions the team could make.

He lost my attention when he talks about Max Pacioretty for captain.

Why do people think he'd be a bad captain? He's our best forward, wore an "A" several times this year and always seems well spoken in the media to me. Obviously not the same charisma or as good a player as Subban, but he's a great young forward who would be a good captain.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Well I think he exaggerated a bit but I don't see what wrong what he said. Let's not pretend like PK is perfect. He's great offensively and very good defensively but one his current flaws is that he sometimes takes unnecessary risk like putting himself out of position to make a big hit near the board. So what kovy said is not really wrong he exaggerated the scoring 5 goals and letting 5 goals part.. It's just funny that he plays a similar game which is a high risk game.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'll be waiting for Guy Lafleur who will also **** on Subban, his contract, his lifestyle, his leadership, etc.

Or did he already say something about it?

I really can't stand their opinions

MrDontGive

Nov 16, 2010
Just like Laraque, Brunet and many more retired players ,(except guys like Marc Denis or Aaron Ward etc.) Kovalev should let the analysts do their job and stick to whatever he's doing these days.

I don't understand why everytime an old player says something publically its automatically news worthy... most of the times noone cares (i.e. when Guy Lafleur speaks out, etc..)

I'd rather not get any news than this!

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I love Subban. I love Kovalev. I don't agree with his opinion but I don't mind him voicing it and I really hope he stays in Montréal and starts his "post-playing" career here (not with the Canadiens per say, just in this community). He loves the city, he loves the people here, and I think he can bring a lot to minor hockey.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why do people think he'd be a bad captain? He's our best forward, wore an "A" several times this year and always seems well spoken in the media to me. Obviously not the same charisma or as good a player as Subban, but he's a great young forward who would be a good captain.

He disappeared in the POs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
He disappeared in the POs.

He still had 10 points and 2 series-winning goals. Not to mention we wouldn't even be in the playoffs if it wasn't for him. Even if you don't want him as captain, saying it would be "one of the worst decisions the team could make" is a big overreaction IMO.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He still had 10 points and 2 series-winning goals. Not to mention we wouldn't even be in the playoffs if it wasn't for him. Even if you don't want him as captain, saying it would be "one of the worst decisions the team could make" is a big overreaction IMO.

He still disappeared, but yes, definitely not one of the worst decisions the team could make. I want more out of my captain, and I want him to be comfortable behind the mics. Max always looks very nonchalant.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You can always tell who has spent any time watching Subban play and who hasn't by how they describe him

Anyone who says Subban is weak defensively, really hasn't spent any significant amount of time watching him play.

taking risks offensively or getting out of position defensively to make a hit, doesn't really mean one is poor defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad