Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Such as this:

8DB30B14-EB89-415C-BAA8-5D9E0E5BFDFA.jpeg

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pittsburgh could use wing support with the injury to Guentzel. Calgary could use Kovalchuk - Kovy can play on the right hand side and does so on occasion in Montreal.

I would laugh so hard if the Oilers trade for him given their absolute lack of 1st / 2nd / 3rd line wingers.

Calgary is behind us in the standings, I asked you for contenders.

Pittsburgh’s young guys are filling in fine and they’re more concerned with dumping Galchenyuk. I look forward to him being worth a 2nd too when he returns to the Habs.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Calgary is behind us in the standings, I asked you for contenders.

Pittsburgh’s young guys are filling in fine and they’re more concerned with dumping Galchenyuk. I look forward to him being worth a 2nd too when he returns to the Habs.

Young guys filling in fine, and a proven vet who is PPG since his return to the NHL.... Yeah, Pitts can do the math on that one. Pittsburgh will be making a trade for a winger at or before the TDL. Calgary is an example of a middling team that could trade a 3rd for Kovalchuk for a push without breaking the bank. Oilers are in that situation as well!

Boston is a contender that could use Kovy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I know where Sheahan was drafted, that’s why I used him as a comparable. ;)

I didn't realize you knew that given all that incorrect assessments and poor opinions you have been sharing. ;)

And Sheahan still had a better career than JP. Of course there is still time but unlikely given JP's lack of hockey sense and intelligence.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Young guys filling in fine, and a proven vet who is PPG since his return to the NHL.... Yeah, Pitts can do the math on that one. Pittsburgh will be making a trade for a winger at or before the TDL. Calgary is an example of a middling team that could trade a 3rd for Kovalchuk for a push without breaking the bank. Oilers are in that situation as well!

ah, so you’ve backed off the 2nd, then. We’re making progress!

Sure, a team that strikes out on its top 4 deadline targets and gets desperate might throw you an 86th overall bone that immediately becomes wildly overrated when Montreal drafts him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pulju does not have a lot of value for other teams, but Oilers have no need to trade him for something like Kovalchuk. Sure he has been good for Habs, but that's older player, small sample size and playing top6 minutes for non playoff team.

Maybe...maybe not....

It's the "can we use an extra sniper" question. ALL the contenders and wannabe contenders will be asking the question. About the only team that I can think off that Kovo may not make a difference, or much of a difference is Avs/Bolts/Leafs/Caps/Panthers. Blues, Islanders, Jackets, Stars, Flames and OILERS however are offensively challenged compared to the previous lot. Any GM with dreams of a cup for the less offensive "blessed" teams will not ignore the question. They may do nothing, but it's in their head.....and probably will try.

We shall see in a few weeks. We shall also see if Kovo tapers out to mediocre over that time period.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
ah, so you’ve backed off the 2nd, then. We’re making progress!

Sure, a team that strikes out on its top 4 deadline targets and gets desperate might throw you an 86th overall bone that immediately becomes wildly overrated when Montreal drafts him.

I haven't backed off the 2nd. If he continues his PPG or better, he might get that 2nd round pick if a team is desperate. I would take a wildly overrated 86th overall bone than a bust in JP. ;)

Reactions: Cobra Commander

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I didn't realize you knew that given all that incorrect assessments and poor opinions you have been sharing. ;)

And Sheahan still had a better career than JP. Of course there is still time but unlikely given JP's lack of hockey sense and intelligence.

Again, disagreeing with YOU doesn’t prove what you think it proves.

When Montreal gives up Poehling and a second for Puljujarvi this offseason I’m looking forward to watching you squirm to justify yourself.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I haven't backed off the 2nd. If he continues his PPG or better, he might get that 2nd round pick if a team is desperate. I would take a wildly overrated 86th overall bone than a bust in JP. ;)

Pittsburgh doesn’t have a 2nd, and your “contending” Calgary Flames aren’t contending, so you hold out hope that some idiot gives you way too much because you spit shined the toonie you found on the street. :laugh:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Pittsburgh doesn’t have a 2nd, and your “contending” Calgary Flames aren’t contending, so you hold out hope that some idiot gives you way too much because you spit shined the toonie you found on the street. :laugh:

Pittsburgh has a 2nd in 2021, 2022, 2023....

Middling Flames.

Contending Pens and Bruins.

My shined up toonie has more hockey sense and intellect than JP! ;)

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Guess we’ll see! Hopefully your GM has the same unhealthy obsession with Puljujarvi that your fanbase does.

Pretty sure Julien would put the kabosh on Barbainbin making any trade for JP. JP would be Julien's worst nightmare. That said, if there was a team that would be healthy for JP its the Habs assuming Julien is fired. lol

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Pretty sure Julien would put the kabosh on Barbainbin making any trade for JP. JP would be Julien's worst nightmare. That said, if there was a team that would be healthy for JP its the Habs assuming Julien is fired. lol

Julien reminds me a lot of McLellan. I think you guys will need to dump him before you can move forward as a team.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Come on... you can’t write off a 20 year old, but there’s no problem with writing off a 21 year old?

there’s a stickied post on the Habs board that’s nothing but clocks that shift from LEGIT PROSPECT to BUST when a player isn’t an impact forward when they hit their 21st birthday.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
there’s a stickied post on the Habs board that’s nothing but clocks that shift from LEGIT PROSPECT to BUST when a player isn’t an impact forward when they hit their 21st birthday.
Well there it is then, though still seems like a weird perspective from my planet.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Come on... you can’t write off a 20 year old, but there’s no problem with writing off a 21 year old?

I don't write off 21 either.

All this is predicated on the players DESIRE to succeed in the NHL. Which is as tough as it gets given it is the highest level of hockey,

Can you say that about Poolparty?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't write off 21 either.

All this is predicated on the players DESIRE to succeed in the NHL. Which is as tough as it gets given it is the highest level of hockey,

Can you say that about Poolparty?

Puljujarvi was consistently out before and after practice doing extra work with Koskinen and is in phenomenal shape. His work ethic and desire isn’t questionable.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It wont get that far. Remember that Bbinz puts a premium on character. Which means....unless there is a face to face meeting with Bbinz, Poolparties reputation alone will end any trade consideration with Bbinz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad