Proposal: Kovalchuk vs Puljujarvi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
What do you think of that trade? Edmonton would get help for the playoffs, at a very low salary, and would have to give up a player that doesn't help them anyway.

Montreal would get a gambling, but for a low price considering Kovalchuk cost them nothing.

I think this could be a very logic trade for both part.

Can't wait to read your opinions....

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
I would rather keep Kovalchuk for the season. The guy is the only reason a significant percentage of Habs fan are still watching in 2019-20.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I would rather keep Kovalchuk for the season. The guy is the only reason a significant percentage of Habs fan are still watching in 2019-20.
Can you imagine if Puljujarvi becomes a top 6 winger? That would mean Bergevin changed water into wine. That would a legendary trade sequence... Turning litterally nothing into a former 3rd OA in a matter of weeks.

Who cares about this year, really. The Habs are 10 points out with 32 games to go. It's over.

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Can you imagine if Puljujarvi becomes a top 6 winger? That would mean Bergevin changed water into wine. That would a legendary trade sequence.

Who cares about this year, really. The Habs are 10 points out with 32 games to go. It's over.

Don't get me wrong, if the return is ok (in ok i mean any players who can play at the nhl level) trade him. But Puljujarvi ? really ?

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Who would I rather have on my team?

A superstar PPG player in his twilight years or overhyped trash?

It seems like a pretty easy answer for me.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
Lol JFC Habs fans

What you mean by that?? This is the first time I post a trade proposition, so I apologize to the guy that I offended by chosing "speculation" instead of whatever else.

Anyway, this is a real proposition and I think every part would win from it.

Four winners:

1- Edmonton : get an elite forward at a very low salary
2- Montreal : get a gamble without giving much
3- Kovalchuk : gets a better chance for the cup
4- Puljujarvi : gets a second chance in the NHL, since he has no future in Edmonton.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What you mean by that?? This is the first time I post a trade proposition, so I apologize to the guy that I offended by chosing "speculation" instead of whatever else.

Anyway, this is a real proposition and I think every part would win from it.

Four winners:

1- Edmonton : get an elite forward at a very low salary
2- Montreal : get a gamble without giving much
3- Kovalchuk : gets a better chance for the cup
4- Puljujarvi : gets a second chance in the NHL, since he has no future in Edmonton.
Don't listen to them. It's a decent proposal. Nothing outrageous.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Edmonton could’ve had him for free 3 weeks ago and they can have him for free again if they wait 5 months. Sorry but just donning the Habs jersey doesn’t suddenly make a player valuable.
If they decide to sell him, I'm 99% sure Montreal gets at least a 3rd for him. Feel free to quote me if they get less. :)

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
Edmonton could’ve had him for free 3 weeks ago and they can have him for free again if they wait 5 months. Sorry but just donning the Habs jersey doesn’t suddenly make a player valuable.

It's true but the value of Kovalchuk three weeks ago is not the same as today. He has proven that he can still be useful if used properly. If Edmonton had some doubts three weeks ago, now they might have changed opinion. And it's not like the price asked (in my *speculation*) is too high...

If they could have better return for Puljujarvi, they probably would have traded him already.

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
Good base of a potential trade actually. I think Montreal could even offer a future conditional draft pick if he succeeds too. That would protect the oilers too

Reactions: MisterY

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
It’s not because he donned a Habs Jersey. He has taken a complete 180 and is looking like he is having fun while playing.

work ethic is through the roof, speed which was questioned looks to be back. He is also producing at a PPG pace. It’s the best time.

He probably has something in place with Bergevin to be dealt to a contender at the deadline. Because when he signed the Habs weren’t in a playoff spot.

I believe there is a reason why he signed for 700k and has been lights out. Any cap strapped contending team could potentially get him at retained 350k lol. It’s never been seen before.

Habs have 14games left until the deadline. If he keeps his pace. He would have 22pts in 22 games with the Habs. Plus his production from a really tough team in LA. It would end up being:

39 gp - 31pts

There is no way a team in a playoff spot strapped for cash wouldn’t take a chance and pay for the ability to add him and more depth based on the cap they are saving. I’m not saying a 1st rounder but I can see highest a 2nd from someone late on deadline once numbers are crunched.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It’s not because he donned a Habs Jersey. He has taken a complete 180 and is looking like he is having fun while playing.

work ethic is through the roof, speed which was questioned looks to be back. He is also producing at a PPG pace. It’s the best time.

He probably has something in place with Bergevin to be dealt to a contender at the deadline. Because when he signed the Habs weren’t in a playoff spot.

I believe there is a reason why he signed for 700k and has been lights out. Any cap strapped contending team could potentially get him at retained 350k lol. It’s never been seen before.

Habs have 14games left until the deadline. If he keeps his pace. He would have 22pts in 22 games with the Habs. Plus his production from a really tough team in LA. It would end up being:

39 gp - 31pts

There is no way a team in a playoff spot strapped for cash wouldn’t take a chance and pay for the ability to add him and more depth based on the cap they are saving. I’m not saying a 1st rounder but I can see highest a 2nd from someone late on deadline once numbers are crunched.
Exactly. In a world where 30 y old rental Carl Hagelin gets 3rd + 6th, let's not act surprised if PPG 36 y old Kovalchuk gets a 3rd or even a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad