Rumor: Kovalchuk to Hawks?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
We heard that same crap from some here about Emery, then Carcillo, then Tootoo, recently about Evander Kane, James Neal and now Kovalchuk. Beggars can't be choosers and the team needs a goal scorer. Hawk fans need to get over themselves with these goody-goody attitudes.

No man don't say that, keep repeating after me cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, don't think for yourself just believe in Stan and think cancer, cancer, cancer, Saad is better than Panarin, cancer, cancer, Hawks will be great again, CANCER!!!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
No man don't say that, keep repeating after me cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, don't think for yourself just believe in Stan and think cancer, cancer, cancer, Saad is better than Panarin, cancer, cancer, Hawks will be great again, CANCER!!!

What has Kovalchuk won in the NHL?
What has he won with Team Russia in the Olympics?

Have you all forgotten what he did with the Devils? He is 34 already with a bad attitude.
that's not a pickup you make to contend, that's a pickup to get some fans in the seats a lottery pick Team.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015

Have you all forgotten what he did with the Devils? He is 34 already with a bad attitude.
that's not a pickup you make to contend, that's a pickup to get some fans in the seats a lottery pick Team.

Don Cherry seems to agree with you...:laugh:

https://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/201...ovalchuk-hes-laughing-all-the-way-to-the-bank

"Ya know, I watched him play in [the 2012 Stanley Cup Final] and I think that L.A. series had something to do with this, too," Cherry said. "L.A., probably my favorite team, they take no prisoners, eh? They were whackin' him pretty good and I thought, you know, this guy ... doesn't look like he's gonna hang around too long. Let's face it, it's the Ice Follies over there, [it's] war over here when the playoffs start."

"Again, the Russians and the foreign people can have their cake and eat it, too," he said. "They don't like it here? 'Hey, I'll just...go back to the KHL and grab $77 million!' And hey, why shouldn't he? Hey, it's tax free! So right off the top he's saving 50 percent.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Do you have any proof of this bad attitude beyond an incident or two? Isn't almost every elite Russian pretty much labeled as a selfish player with attitude? Wasn't Radulov labelled as such and he actually did have issues but he came back and grew out of that phase, who's telling that a 34 year old man hasn't grown out of his childish ways if that even was a big problem to begin with as there is nothing really concrete. But regardless, attitude is the least of this team's problems, we have a captain who has just the best attitude in the world but hasn't shown up on the ice for two ****'n years...

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
...Imagine the Kane and Kovalchuk stick handling videos, though...

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Do you have any proof of this bad attitude beyond an incident or two? Isn't almost every elite Russian pretty much labeled as a selfish player with attitude? Wasn't Radulov labelled as such and he actually did have issues but he came back and grew out of that phase, who's telling that a 34 year old man hasn't grown out of his childish ways if that even was a big problem to begin with as there is nothing really concrete. But regardless, attitude is the least of this team's problems, we have a captain who has just the best attitude in the world but hasn't shown up on the ice for two ****'n years...

I wouldn't want Radulov anywhere near our Team...

Players like Kovy or Radulov bring bad attitude and they are selfish. No need to waste your time with those two.
He hasn't grown out and Radulov is still that Money grabbing Piece of ****

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

Players like Kovy or Radulov bring bad attitude and they are selfish. No need to waste your time with those two.

i agree, they got a rep of being a problem child. no-one went out and said, i want to give them a bad rep.... there is a reason they got a rep and no one players / teammates came out to defend them.

the hawks is in a fragile state. they don't need cancers.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Money grabbing? You mean like the money grabbing good ol Canadian captain of the Hawks? He just signed to an extremely reasonable 5yr x 6M/yr contract, I am not sure where you get "money" grabbing from and you have yet to show any proof of why these guys are selfish cancer POS, please go ahead and show us.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kovy and Radulov are completely different situations.

Radulov has a history of selfish type actions that hurt teams.

Kovy does not.

I would take Kovy over Radulov on the Hawks 11 out of 10 times. Just a better fit.

In saying that, Radulov is a really solid top 6 wing.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kovy is staying in Russia for at least one more year. Can we close this thread please.

tumblr_lzll1cMsWR1qe0b63o1_500.gif

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
What are the odds Kovalchuck would sign with the Hawks for the mere pittance the Hawks could afford to pay him? Winning Power Ball has better odds.

But it is kinda neat to look at:

Saad-Toews-Panik
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Kane
Sharp-Schmaltz-Hartman

Not a bad top-9.

I read that he's probably staying in Russia, but the deal could work if we traded Anisimov for Kovalchuk..

Saad-Toews-Kane
Kovalchuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Sharp-Kero-Hartman

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Money grabbing? You mean like the money grabbing good ol Canadian captain of the Hawks? He just signed to an extremely reasonable 5yr x 6M/yr contract, I am not sure where you get "money" grabbing from and you have yet to show any proof of why these guys are selfish cancer POS, please go ahead and show us.

if you don't know the history, read up on it.

Radulov is the perfect example of bad attitude paired with selfish Money grabbing. All he did was win something in the KHL because they paid him.

I will not respond any further to you, there is no Point in talking to a wall that just picks a line and Comes back with Strawman answers.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
if you don't know the history, read up on it.

Radulov is the perfect example of bad attitude paired with selfish Money grabbing. All he did was win something in the KHL because they paid him.

I will not respond any further to you, there is no Point in talking to a wall that just picks a line and Comes back with Strawman answers.

I already said yes Radulov actually had attitude problems and that is well reported but the point was that even he got straightened up now, he was loved in Montreal, and he also just signed a decent(non money grabbing) contract, we are talking about TODAY and not what happened 5 years ago and how time can change even the worst kids if they work on themselves. Forget Radulov, where is this proof that Kovalchuk has or had all or any of these same issues??? I don't want to read on it, I already tried to search for a second and I couldn't find anything concrete. Please enlighten me as I am really interested in knowing if he really does have these problems then you might have a valid point.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I already said yes Radulov actually had attitude problems and that is well reported but the point was that even he got straightened up now, he was loved in Montreal, and he also just signed a decent(non money grabbing) contract, we are talking about TODAY and not what happened 5 years ago and how time can change even the worst kids if they work on themselves. Forget Radulov, where is this proof that Kovalchuk has or had all or any of these same issues??? I don't want to read on it, I already tried to search for a second and I couldn't find anything concrete. Please enlighten me as I am really interested in knowing if he really does have these problems then you might have a valid point.

This isn't for you only and I hope you don't think that this is an attack to you, my English isn't that great.

Kovalchuk does have a bit attitude problems, I've watched him a lot in his KHL days but the thing is, Kovy wants to win and he does everything for it, like Radulov does. Well yes, they both have history when they lose their mind and do stupid stuff in the ice but who doesn't? Kovy plays with a edge, does sometimes silly things and isn't the most gentleman in there, but I don't know if you are for example a fan of Shaw, why aren't you a fan of Kovalchuk? Kovy and Shaw do the same "rat" things.

And if the only concern about Kovy's attitude problems are linked in to benching in playoffs one year ago, I really wouldn't put a lot weight into that.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
People are talking like Kovalchuk is a regular season mercenary. He was the best player on a team that made the SCF. Vrbata he ain't.

Yes.

He is an artist and doesn't always put 100% effort in regular season but does Kane or Panarin? No they do not. He has always evaluated his game in post-season, does it always show in score board? No, but he is better.

If people are also talking that Devils vs Kings series as Kovy is a playoff loser/choker alá Ovechkin, well that Kings team was one of the best in cap era or even one of the best since 2000. And in Blackhawks he would not have to be the guy.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Yes.

He is an artist and doesn't always put 100% effort in regular season but does Kane or Panarin? No they do not. He has always evaluated his game in post-season, does it always show in score board? No, but he is better.

If people are also talking that Devils vs Kings series as Kovy is a playoff loser/choker alá Ovechkin, well that Kings team was one of the best in cap era or even one of the best since 2000. And in Blackhawks he would not have to be the guy.

this would lead to the most Problems. Kovy is a Superstar and wants to be seen as this.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
this would lead to the most Problems. Kovy is a Superstar and wants to be seen as this.

You don't have to be "the guy" to be viewed as superstar. Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook and Crawford are the guys at the moment, they get the most from fans and I would not consider Kovalchuk in that list or even Panarin.

I get what you mean though but I don't see the problem. He is playing with Datsyuk now in St. Petersburgh, here he would be playing with Toews and Kane. I just can't see the problem, he is a guy who wants to win. So is Radulov.

Maybe the Russian factor is there, I don't know. Why isn't anyone pointing out what Kane has been doing? Hitting the taxi driver? I guess he got some attitude problem also.

Kovalchuk as of today is a great player to have if the role is not "the guy".

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
You don't have to be "the guy" to be viewed as superstar. Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabrook and Crawford are the guys at the moment, they get the most from fans and I would not consider Kovalchuk in that list or even Panarin.

I get what you mean though but I don't see the problem. He is playing with Datsyuk now in St. Petersburgh, here he would be playing with Toews and Kane. I just can't see the problem, he is a guy who wants to win. So is Radulov.

Maybe the Russian factor is there, I don't know. Why isn't anyone pointing out what Kane has been doing? Hitting the taxi driver? I guess he got some attitude problem also.

Kovalchuk as of today is a great player to have if the role is not "the guy".

Kane got his fair share over time, still gets from some. Winning 3 Cups helps.

Kovy just isn't 30 or 25 anymore. He'll be 35 next year and out of the league for 5 years.
I just don't think we should go that route and I wouldn't want to get in danger of having those Problems.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Kane got his fair share over time, still gets from some. Winning 3 Cups helps.

Kovy just isn't 30 or 25 anymore. He'll be 35 next year and out of the league for 5 years.
I just don't think we should go that route and I wouldn't want to get in danger of having those Problems.

Well I guess you haven't seen him lately. He still has the shot, he still have legs and with Kane and they way Q played Party-line last two seasons, Kovalchuk would still produce. Not Panarin-level but better than DeBrincat, Sharp, Schmaltz, Hartman or whoever you'd put there.

Kovalchuk isn't $6.5m player anymore and I surely would not give him more than 1 year. But next season he would be a legit top-6 forward for us.

But it ain't happening so no need to continue. :laugh:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Well I guess you haven't seen him lately. He still has the shot, he still have legs and with Kane and they way Q played Party-line last two seasons, Kovalchuk would still produce. Not Panarin-level but better than DeBrincat, Sharp, Schmaltz, Hartman or whoever you'd put there.

Kovalchuk isn't $6.5m player anymore and I surely would not give him more than 1 year. But next season he would be a legit top-6 forward for us.

But it ain't happening so no need to continue. :laugh:

I'm already talking about 18-19...

you say Kovy would produce next to Kane but he isn't a 6.5 Player anymore? Something is not Fitting here.

I've seen him, but it's still the KHL. I don't think Kovy would be a Star Player, more a guy like Kessel on the Pens.
He wouldn't be the Spotlight. I think he'll end up with Rangers next offseason. Short travel, winning and in Need for star Forward.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I'm already talking about 18-19...

you say Kovy would produce next to Kane but he isn't a 6.5 Player anymore? Something is not Fitting here.

I've seen him, but it's still the KHL. I don't think Kovy would be a Star Player, more a guy like Kessel on the Pens.
He wouldn't be the Spotlight. I think he'll end up with Rangers next offseason. Short travel, winning and in Need for star Forward.

Well Panarin is $6mil guy and I wrote that Kovalchuk would not produce at the same rate than Panarin did/does. So I don't value Kovalchuk as $6.5m guy and that is the cap hit he was rumoured to want. For $4-5mil and the potential of 50-60 points, well give me that!

If we could get Kovalchuk and he is for Blackhawks like Kessel is for Penguins, everybody would SCREAM for joy here.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Well Panarin is $6mil guy and I wrote that Kovalchuk would not produce at the same rate than Panarin did/does. So I don't value Kovalchuk as $6.5m guy and that is the cap hit he was rumoured to want. For $4-5mil and the potential of 50-60 points, well give me that!

If we could get Kovalchuk and he is for Blackhawks like Kessel is for Penguins, everybody would SCREAM for joy here.

yes, but Kovalchuk isn't Kessel. He wants to be the Superstar and that is something concerning when he will be 35 and out of the league this Long. Next offseason will be more interesting when he can Chose his new Team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad