Confirmed with Link: Kovalchuk Retires/Quits To Russia (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apice3*

I'm willing to bet 17 called Lou on the phone from Russia to tell him. Didn't even have the balls to say "I quit" in person.

Puckschmuck*

Burmistrov and 17's situations aren't even on the same planet. Not even taking ability into consideration, Bumistrov was a free agent. 17 signed his life to the Devils and bailed.

Sigh. Never mind.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Hedberg quote On Kovalchuk:
“That was a real shocker. He always liked it in Russia, though. There was probably a lot of different people pushing him, I think. I don’t know if his family liked life in the States. Kovy is your typical Russian and a terrific person. Kind, considerate, and wants to win. I really like him and hopefully, this will be the fresh start he might be looking for.”

Doubtful Kovy blindsided Lou. Long term it is a win for the team.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He's going to wait another month to move out there? He must really miss it.

Kids aren't in school so his family stays in Miami. They will probably keep the place to spend time in the offseason.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
And Marty spends time in Boca. Maybe he should go over and visit his buddy.

I just assumed he was in Russia which would make his blowoff of the situation a little more understandable.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
And Marty spends time in Boca. Maybe he should go over and visit his buddy.

I just assumed he was in Russia which would make his blowoff of the situation a little more understandable.

You understand that Kovy is married with 3 kids right? He isn't an 16 year kid missing his parents. His family always went to Miami in the offseason why would that change now?

apice3*

I can't believe people are still condoning the things this ******* did/is doing

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
You understand that Kovy is married with 3 kids right? He isn't an 16 year kid missing his parents. His family always went to Miami in the offseason why would that change now?

I'm talking about his lack of availability and having his mom do his press work for him. It comes off as extremely cowardly if he's still around.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Yup and that's why I say Zach didn't even have this much sympathy. I'm kinda shocked that there is actually a good amount of support for him. Don't get me wrong, most people who are mad are much more angrier with Kovalchuk then Zach. Though I don't remember Zach having as much support.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
burmistrov is nothing like kovalchuk. burmi is actually on record saying he doesn't want to play in the khl and thinks it's for old men. he just desperately wanted out of winnipeg and will even go to another league to get away from claude noel.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I'm talking about his lack of availability and having his mom do his press work for him. It comes off as extremely cowardly if he's still around.

Kovy's mom always talked to the press whenever she wanted. There are probably a ton of things he needs to get done in the US before he departs for good.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

i can't believe we need to condone anything a grown man with a family is doing. he decided next season to move home and make a bunch of money. im not happy because we lost a start but i would do them same thing if someone offered me that choice.

as for not russian to russia right away :)sarcasm:), not a big deal. he signed a 4 year contract over there, what is the rush to move his family to another country at this point, hes got a few months.

im pretty sure we are all upset he won't be a devil anymore, but sorry if we all aren't taking it as personal as you.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
Kovy's mom always talked to the press whenever she wanted. There are probably a ton of things he needs to get done in the US before he departs for good.

Like hang out in his summer house. From his virtual silence and the fact that no one other than Lou has spoken with him, I just assumed he was gone. My bad, he's just a total coward who has his mom take the press heat for him. Be a man and do the presser, instead of having your mom talk for you.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
If he misses his family so much, why not spend the offseason in Russia?

Last year kids and wife were with him in St. Petersburg. They probably really enjoyed it and are a huge reason from him quitting on the contract.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yup and that's why I say Zach didn't even have this much sympathy. I'm kinda shocked that there is actually a good amount of support for him. Don't get me wrong, most people who are mad are much more angrier with Kovalchuk then Zach. Though I don't remember Zach having as much support.

i really don't think anyone is supporting him. i think everyone is just as upset, but i just think everyone here has a different level of hatred of him as a person. some are upset and have a lot, others like me, are just as upset but know i would do the same thing so im not going to be a hypocrite and attack his character. not saying you are but there are both extremes here and i dont think anyone is saying "good for kovy! im happy for him and wish him the best of luck!!"

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
Last year kids and wife were with him in St. Petersburg. They probably really enjoyed it and are a huge reason from him quitting on the contract.

I'm sure they did, they loved St. Petersburg so much that they're in Miami. The man whose money doesn't go far lives in Miami in the summer. I'm sure that was cheap. Some of you guys would be so easy to lie to. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad