Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
still talking about taxes? :shakehead
....here are some marty quotes

I don’t know. I haven’t talked to him. That would be an awkward conversation for me to have. I believe people should do whatever they want. If you want to be there, don’t come here. You can’t force people to do certain things. But for the fans, it’s hard to take. They thought he was going to be here for the long haul and now he’s just vanished.

Out of the blue this kills some spirit. Everyone is going to be scratching their heads to see where we go from here to replace him and maybe change the makeup of our team. I don’t think you can find a guy that does what he does, who plays the amount of minutes he does. It frees up (cap) room in the future, but right now it’s kind of tough because everyone is under contract for next year. Not a lot of free agents out there. This came maybe a couple of weeks too late.

It’s the value I’ve put into this organization personally and what Patrik has done. I saw Scotty (Stevens) do it and Dano (Ken Daneyko) do it,†Brodeur explained. “To me, I take a lot of pride. But things change. The younger guys are not the same anymore. You can see with Clarkie leaving and now with Kovy making this decision. A lot of guys do leave. I’m surprised that guys don’t feel like us.

The last one gets me....
there are other good ones in the article.
****ing ******* MERC!!!!

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...hout_ilya_kovalchuk.html#incart_flyout_sports

Last edited:

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently not knowing Texas was a tax free state disproves the rest of the argument you conveniently chose to ignore.

I Don't agree with alot of BG Devils points and I don't know where his politics lie but when it comes to business and taxes he is spot on. Yes you can give examples of players who live in LA but you are extremely naive to think that all these players build homes in Fla and Texas because its the weather. Its the same reason over half of he fortune 500 companies have HQs in Delaware because of corporate tax structure.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
The last one gets me....
****ing ******* MERC!!!!

What also gets me is not just that it hurts a lot of the good things about being a fan, but the effect it has on teams. How much real Esprit de corps can you have when you're teams of a bunch of mercs chasing pay checks?

The fans live and breath the Devils. They feel every player should do the same, and they’re entitled to think that. Me and Patty are great examples of living what they feel about the organization. But not everybody is like us.

Now those are athletes I can respect

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ

Devilshark

Registered Abuser
Jan 29, 2009
Central New Jersey
still talking about taxes? :shakehead
....here are some marty quotes

The last one gets me....
****ing ******* MERC!!!!

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...hout_ilya_kovalchuk.html#incart_flyout_sports

The Hometown Excuse is the only one I can accept, and only in a FA situation. If the Stanley Cup isnt the most important thing in your Professional Hockey life you don't belong in the NHL. Kovy was set finnancially no matter what. Generations of Kovalchuks would benefit well from the money made on his Devils contract.

Kovy doesnt want the ultimate mark of success. He's a ******* bum with no respect for the competitive aspect of the game. What others sacrificed to make these big contracts possible. The players who grewup as kids dreaming of lifting the Cup and would do anything they could to get there (Alfie, Iginla, Bourque, etc). This **** has no respect for any of that. No respect for the franchise that risked plenty to satisfy his demands. No respect for the guys in the dressing room who made contract decisions factoring in his being there. No respect for the fans who didnt give him a hard time when he stalled coming back to nj after the lockout. The same fans that greeted him and his teammates after the arrived home on the LOSING side of a SCF.

No respect. Just pure jello. Greedy, fickle, jello.

**** you Kovy. have fun playing in front of 3000 people in Krokodil Arena. you ***********

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Suck a big Ukrainian Easter Egg Mama Kovy! :rant:

(They are made by sucking out the white and yolk through a small hole in the top of the egg, and Kovalchuk is a Ukrainian name) :D

yehyeh

Devils. Devils? Yeah, Devils.
Dec 17, 2011
NNJ
This should be the end to all Kovalchuk threads. We're reaching that point at page 40 in the third thread now..

Devilshark

Registered Abuser
Jan 29, 2009
Central New Jersey
Ownership has nothing to do with a contract that was already signed and delivered 2 years ago.

This guy is a real ******* coward. Glad he's gone and mad as hell that we may have kept certain players had we not have signed him. He's good, but he's a *****.

Mory Schneideur*

Ownership has nothing to do with a contract that was already signed and delivered 2 years ago.

This guy is a real ******* coward. Glad he's gone and mad as hell that we may have kept certain players had we not have signed him. He's good, but he's a *****.

Momma Kovy cites as one of the main reasons he left, instability & uncertainty with the financial & ownership stuff surround us at the moment.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ok these threads are starting to turn into some gold despite everything.

From Jim being up 36 hours having his ultimate "I told you so moments" and being thinking we will be leading the conference by December.

This tax seminar that creeped up (really guys...TAXES!?!!)

Now Momma Russia spewing ********. I think I fell in the Twilight Zone at some point. This really can't be real. :laugh::cry:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They've said about five different reasons already and act like escrow = rollback.

Mory Schneideur*

Supposedly Momma Kovy leaked and confirmed the original 17 year contract. Much of what she is saying makes sense too.

Kovy signed the deal with one perspective of the team. That view probably changed with a combination of Captain Parise leaving, missing playoffs twice, ownership & financial instability, homesickness thanks to the lockout & personal family decisions.

He probably was expecting one thing when he signed & decided to bail when it looked like it was something else to him. 15 years is a long time. He probably over-reacted & I think he's a jackass for doing so, but he had his reasons.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
**** Him.

why are we sitting here trying to justify this ********?

HATE!

Let's start a petition (other fans would sign) to have him declared formally persona non grata in the NHL permanently.
No...the state department. What kind of visa is he on? No contract, no visa? I'm calling ICE:laugh:

apice3*

*snort*

Huh? What?

The tax and economics lesson put me to sleep. Why is Kovy's mom reading chapter 6?

Basically Lebron and Tiger Woods live in Florida so state tax is dictating where hockey players sign. Just look at the Panthers and the Lightning and their superstar free agent signings.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I agree with Momma here.

Have you read the reaction of Jeremy Roenick who said Ilya stole $23 million from the Devils?

“Thank God I didn’t see that! I am [on vacation] right now. But I think my son earned everything he’s been paid by the Devils in full! He played 30 minutes per game, sacrificed his health, and made it to the Cup Finals. He didn’t steal anything. He earned every cent. The things [Roenick said] may only be said due to helplessness.â€

DevilChuk*

I agree with Momma here.

While he didn't really steal any money, he agreed to a contract with a certain pay structure and didn't fulfill his side of the bargain.

Kovalchuk is almost certainly in the wrong here.

You don't sign a contract you don't intend to live up to. Especially one that's 15 years long and you quit after what's now apparent as two years and a half.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I Don't agree with alot of BG Devils points and I don't know where his politics lie but when it comes to business and taxes he is spot on. Yes you can give examples of players who live in LA but you are extremely naive to think that all these players build homes in Fla and Texas because its the weather. Its the same reason over half of he fortune 500 companies have HQs in Delaware because of corporate tax structure.

Time = money. In other words, you don't freely give away your large amounts of your time (LIFE) to a thieving collection of special interests (big finance, big labor, big oil, the ABA, etc.) which is what our state and federal governments are. Athletes and their representation aren't dumb.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
While he didn't really steal any money, he agreed to a contract with a certain pay structure and didn't fulfill his side of the bargain.

Kovalchuk is almost certainly in the wrong here.

You don't sign a contract you don't intend to live up to. Especially one that's 15 years long and you quit after what's now apparent as two years and a half.

I was talking about the insinuation that he "STOLE" the first 23 million dollars. That's utter ********* by Roenick.

DevilChuk*

I was talking about the insinuation that he "STOLE" the first 23 million dollars. That's utter ********* by Roenick.

I mean, when you sign a contract for 15 years and part of that includes front-loading as a pay structure..

it sorta is like stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad