Rumor: Kovalchuk news/rumors/discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Yeah, that one stung...just as hearing that the Devils were also very close to landing Chara when he originally signed with Boston.

Seeing Ovechkin last night dominate against the Rangers really made me miss having an elite goal scorer like Kovy.

I'd love to see Kovy make Marc Staal look like he's just learning to skate, just once more :(

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Yeah, that one stung...just as hearing that the Devils were also very close to landing Chara when he originally signed with Boston.

Seeing Ovechkin last night dominate against the Rangers really made me miss having an elite goal scorer like Kovy.

I think it was either Elias or Chara, I don't think they had room for both.

Sascha Goc

Mar 9, 2014
He then lost Zach Parise as a free agent that summer, a crushing loss for the franchise and something he later said privately wouldn’t have happened if the team’s ownership under Jeff Vanderbeek hadn’t been dealing with intense financial stress.

Sorry to the mods for this being the Kovalchuk thread but this was relevant to previous discussion in this thread and wasn't sure where else to put it. From Damien Cox's article on Lou today.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lou-lamoriello-continues-to-do-things-his-way/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 38s38 seconds ago
Ilya Kovalchuk refused to rule out an NHL return in an interview with R-Sport. "My SKA deal runs for two more years, then we'll see".

GhostofKenKlee

Shero trades for Malkin, LL negiotates with Gazprom for a release of Ilya from patriotic duties. Baamm, Jackpot/Jim Breur.....

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ilya Kovalchuk refused to rule out an NHL return in an interview with R-Sport. "My SKA deal runs for two more years, then we'll see".

So he's not breaking that contract...how novel.

I do assume he'll wait the five years then come back as a merc to the highest bidder.

GhostofKenKlee

So he's not breaking that contract...how novel.

I do assume he'll wait the five years then come back as a merc to the highest bidder.

Redic money taxed at a way lower rate will do that to you.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

That's enough off me. Threads closed unless the man himself says or does something different. He isn't coming back this year or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad