Proposal: Kovalchuk for Backes + 1st

Who says no?

• Total voters

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I could see this trade working if LA retains 50% of Kovalchuk’s contract. But even then, why do that when they could get a guy like Toffoli for a first and a prospect instead?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Does anyone remember those two games against the Kings last season, both within around a week of each other? The Kings had Kovi out there half the game and it looked like Weekend at Bernie's. They were showcasing a cadaver for the deadline, which was a week or two away.

Kovalchuk's had a nice start to the season, but that was one unengaged, zombie of a player last season.

Ah yeah, you should definitely make value judgments only based on two games late in the worst Kings season in history.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
When should one make observations on potential deadline targets?

I want to learn from you.

If I'm making choices on what's going to load up my team for a 2020 Cup run, there are about 55 Kings games between now and then with which you can give fair weight to what might best help you, particularly in games closer to the deadline.

What I wouldn't do is evaluate using two games from over a year earlier, especially when that season is an absurdly clear outlier for damn near every player in the organization.

Also Kovy played just over 17 minutes in those games, which was 5-6 amongst Kings forwards. "Half game showcase" indeed.

But you already knew all of the above. You just thought you were being funny.

Reactions: kbcb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad