Proposal: Kovalchuk for Backes + 1st

Who says no?

• Total voters

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
No clue why LA would do this given that pick would be late in the 1st round more than likely and does not make up for the production difference between the two. It would also be a good way to piss off Doughty even more as he wants to win now.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No clue why LA would do this given that pick would be late in the 1st round more than likely and does not make up for the production difference between the two. It would also be a good way to piss off Doughty even more as he wants to win now.

True with the late 1st, however I think Drew knows that LA is at least a year from being a bubble team. Kovalchuk will not be here for when LA will compete for the playoffs again and Drew knows this.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Lol the kings ain't winning anything any time soon

Reactions: Drumman44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
No idea why Boston adds a 1st. I just do not get it. Why pay a first to have more cap, 250k more

cap is pretty even given the fact one would play instead of eating popcorn. That said I think a more realistic deal would be a conditional 2nd that would turn into a 1st if Boston reaches a certain round in the playoffs or something.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lol the kings ain't winning anything any time soon
This might be true but don't tell Doughty lol From his comments about the Canucks, to other stuff he has said he wants to win and I am not sure he wants rebuild which will have to happen whether he wants it or not.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
This might be true but don't tell Doughty lol From his comments about the Canucks, to other stuff he has said he wants to win and I am not sure he wants rebuild which will have to happen whether he wants it or not.

Boo hoo doughty knows his team sucks apart from Kopi and him.

they should try and sell off Carter Kovly Tofoli and grab some youth similar to what they did with Muzzin

Keep Brown, Kopitar and him thats it and inject some young in that line-up

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Dealing Kovalchuk does not signify a rebuild. LA has forward prospects who should step in next year to offset his loss. Having to roster Backes could be more of a hindrance than losing Kovalchuk

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Boo hoo doughty knows his team sucks apart from Kopi and him.

they should try and sell off Carter Kovly Tofoli and grab some youth similar to what they did with Muzzin

Keep Brown, Kopitar and him thats it and inject some young in that line-up
That will soon happen.

There is enough youth playing for Ontario. No need to rush them.

Reactions: YP44

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think Boston needs to add something as Kovalchuk is better than Backes right now, but I’m not sure it’s a first. Pick or prospect I guess. Interesting idea though.

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Would rather send over one of the Bruins more NHL ready prospects than the pick.
fair but would that just be kicking the can further down he road. This year's Boston's 1st won't be NHL ready for what like 3 years, I would think an NHL ready prospect would hold more value than a pick to the Bruins so the can be as competitive while they have their core producing.

BergyTime37

Jun 17, 2015
Boston definitely needs to fill the RW void on that second line. Not sure why LA would do this? Kovalchuk probably isn't what he used to be, but he's going to produce on the score-sheet more than Backes will at this stage of his career. I think Boston would still be reluctant to add a 1st in this type of deal anyway.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just can't imagine a 1st round pick coming up in any trade involving either of these players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad