Value of: Kovalchuk, Carter, or Quick at 50% retained

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wouldnt mind Carter for the Jets once we know what Laine and Connor want but hasn't Carter nixed a trade out of LA before. Pretty sure he wants to play out his contract there at least.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Sure, why not. Make it that Carter has nixed 5 trades, you heard it here first. Same amount of truth to it.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Wouldnt mind Carter for the Jets once we know what Laine and Connor want but hasn't Carter nixed a trade out of LA before. Pretty sure he wants to play out his contract there at least.

Yes Carter has said publicly he wants to be a la king for the rest of his career. However he has no ntc or no movement clause none. At the end of season press conference he has said He has 21 games before he hits 1000 and hopes to play the rest of career in la but understands he has no control over it and its a business

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I assume Carter wouldn't accept a trade to Montreal, so what type of picks and/or prospects for Kovalchuk after Montreal strikes out everywhere else?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I assume Carter wouldn't accept a trade to Montreal, so what type of picks and/or prospects for Kovalchuk after Montreal strikes out everywhere else?

Carter has no trade power at all At the end of season press conference He stated he is looking forward to playing his 1000 nhl game. He also said he would love to play it in la but realizes he has its a business and he has no control over it.

I would actually rather keep Kovy and see what he can do with a proper coach.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Carter has no trade power at all At the end of season press conference He stated he is looking forward to playing his 1000 nhl game. He also said he would love to play it in la but realizes he has its a business and he has no control over it.

I would actually rather keep Kovy and see what he can do with a proper coach.

So, just rumours that he would retire if moved?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
yes the story is just that a story that a reporter made up by looking at his cap hit no trade protection and little cash left on deal He was trying to add 1 and 1 and come up with this retire bs Jeff said he wants to play 1000 games He is only 21 short Hes not going to retire

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005

Not even a rumor. Someone speculated about the retirement risk to the Kings if they moved Carter to somewhere he was not happy. Others falsely turned it into something Carter had threatened.

I think the best play for all three players is to see how they play this season. If any of them improve, you might have a chance to get a decent return at the deadline.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Not even a rumor. Someone speculated about the retirement risk to the Kings if they moved Carter to somewhere he was not happy. Others falsely turned it into something Carter had threatened.

I think the best play for all three players is to see how they play this season. If any of them improve, you might have a chance to get a decent return at the deadline.

this and also i'm pretty sure before GMs make a move, they will ask Carter if team X would be a destination that would satisfy him

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Here are some players that Kovalchuk had a higher points per game than: Jason Zucker, Adam Henrique, William Nylander, Nolan Patrick, Kyle Turris, Charlie Coyle, and Wayne Simmonds, to name a few.
Healthy scratch

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
By a coach who's no longer coaching in the NHL. Desjardins didnt like Russians and it was as plain as day.
So if Kuch was on the Kings he would have healthy scratched him because he's Russian? This is such a false narrative.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
With 50% retention on front loaded deals they should have good value to some clubs. But all 3 of them might not want to leave LA for those destinations.

If LA can't get anything of value for these guys then they might as well keep them to provide insulation for others this season.

All 3 of them are still useful pieces and LA still needs some vets in the lineup and they don't have enough prospect depth to really push for a lot of lineup spots let alone significant minutes. LA is also due to lose Toffoli, Clifford, Lewis, Forbort by the trade deadline. They should also look to cash in on Martinez and Brown who both have good value but will be retired by the time LA can turns things around.

Reactions: kilowatt

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
rather have Carter play out his contract, or gamble on him finding his game. He was coming off a pretty big injury from 2017-18 and hopefully will look better this year (he can't look any worse)
What would the ask look like?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad