Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft (Arizona on the clock now)

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I can't believe we acquired two high picks and they both finished as low as they possible could. Hawks Stanley Cup and Rangers Presidents Trophy.

Coyotes Luck.

Just wait until whoever we pick third gets hit by a runaway Zamboni on his way up to the stage.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I can't believe we acquired two high picks and they both finished as low as they possibly could. Hawks Stanley Cup and Rangers Presidents Trophy.

Coyotes Luck.

Rangers 1st is for 2016 or 2017. Lottery protected in 2016, no restrictions in 2017.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Actually I'm hoping for the Rangers to start a modest decline...just miss out on the playoffs next year so they keep the pick, and then when in salary cap hell and experiencing a couple of injuries, they finish near the bottom, we "win" the lottery, and get the #1 overall in '17...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I liked Carlo's WJC performance more than most. I struggle with using a 1st round pick on a guy who doesn't likely have top three upside (there isn't much offense there).

I haven't seen Meloche play. The scouting reports read like Carlo but with a big point shot and some offensive chops.

I vote Meloche.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It has to be Meloche, if we're selecting defense.

Carlo doesn't look to have any offense upside, so he's the 10pt defensive dman and you can get those guys later in the draft.

Anyone in the 1st round should have top 3 upside as a Dman or top 6 upside as a forward.

It's the difference between selecting Harkins vs. Sprong. Sprong is a high risk/high reward player who has top 6 upside, Harkins is totally a #3 center.

Always select the guy who has the greatest upside in round 1.

rt

May 13, 2004

Carlo doesn't look to have any offense upside, so he's the 10pt defensive dman and you can get those guys later in the draft.

Anyone in the 1st round should have top 3 upside as a Dman or top 6 upside as a forward.

It's the difference between selecting Harkins vs. Sprong. Sprong is a high risk/high reward player who has top 6 upside, Harkins is totally a #3 center.

I've only seen Harkins at the Top Prospects game, so I don't know the full story but...

RYAN JOHANSEN
2009-10 Portland Winterhawks WHL 71gp 25g 44a 69p (0.97ppg%)
2009-10 Portland Winterhawks 266g = 8th/22 WHL teams
RYAN JOHANSEN = in on 26% of total team offense

JANSEN HARKINS
2014-15 Prince George Cougars WHL 70gp 20g 59a 79p (1.13ppg%)
2014-15 Prince George Cougars 222g = 11th/22 WHL teams
JANSEN HARKINS = in on 36% of total team offense

For reference:
Barzal had 1.29ppg and Seattle had 218 goals.

Merkley had 1.25ppg and Kelowna had 305 goals which means Merkley was in on 29% of total team offense.

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

I like Meloche. I do.

But I also like a guy who has the stature of Groot. I don't know. Maybe I've seen more of Carlo.

As long as its Meloche or Carlo, I won't complain. We need a RHD so bad though.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Gabriel Carlsson

Was just about to post his name. Have this feeling he may rocket up draft boards to the point where he would be strongly looked at between #20 and 25. Would not mind him with the #32 pick, but don't think he will be around.

A RHD who may also move way up to the edge of the 1st round (IMO) is Rasmus Andersson.

EDIT: DeBrusk would be my vote - think we can get a D at #32, but picking up forward talent is paramount

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
Gabriel Carlsson D Linkoping (Swe-J20)

Quick glance at your post history and the only team boards I see are Ottawa(a lot), Toronto (sometimes) and Vancouver(a little). This seems like your first post ever on our forum. Are you a Coyotes fan? I don't see that you've ever posted anything about the Coyotes before. Do you think we should count your vote on our team poll?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Quick glance at your post history and the only team boards I see are Ottawa(a lot), Toronto (sometimes) and Vancouver(a little). This seems like your first post ever on our forum. Are you a Coyotes fan? I don't see that you've ever posted anything about the Coyotes before. Do you think we should count your vote on our team poll?

I am an NHL Fan and a fan of the draft. I like the Coyotes. I provided a Defenceman in ISS latest top 30 and in Bob McKenzies latest top 30. Based on many other votes going to Carlo... I think Carlsson is a better choice. He would be a very good fit in Zona. I cast a vote for all the teams as KOTRs poll came to them. Thanks for noticing,

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I am an NHL Fan and a fan of the draft. I like the Coyotes. I provided a Defenceman in ISS latest top 30 and in Bob McKenzies latest top 30. Based on many other votes going to Carlo... I think Carlsson is a better choice. He would be a very good fit in Zona. I cast a vote for all the teams as KOTRs poll came to them. Thanks for noticing,

We don't need LHD. If it was a need, we would just pick Hanifin.

rt

May 13, 2004
We don't need LHD. If it was a need, we would just pick Hanifin.

It's a huge need. Management and coaching are black balling Gormley and Moore has not been at all impressive. Dahlbeck has at least a 50% shot of regressing and being a flash in the pan. We have OEL and some looooooooong shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad