Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft (Arizona on the clock now)

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Shout out and stealing this idea that was never followed through by Candy Canes. Thought it would be interesting to try it again as I liked the idea originally. Also a chance to change history if you voted in the last go round. Trying to make it through the entire first round before the draft.

Currently on the clock: Arizona (Pick will be made on 6/18)

Rules:

I will be making posts on teams main forums, so look out for yours when your team is up to pick! When the team is up to pick, the fans of that team will post their player they want drafted with that pick. After about 24 hours at 8:00 AM (Pacific) the player that was said the most on the forum will be the team's selection! If a tie breaker happens to be needed I will give that team extra time until the next vote is cast.

-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.
-Please make your pick clear and separate your commentary where possible.
-Thanks for participating.

The entire mock will be updated on the Mock Board section under KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft.

1-EDMONTON=Connor McDavid
2-BUFFALO=Jack Eichel
3-ARIZONA=Dylan Strome
4-TORONTO=Noah Hanifin
5-CAROLINA=Mitch Marner
6-NEW JERSEY=Matthew Barzal
7-PHILLY=Ivan Provorov
8-COLUMBUS=Zach Werenski
9-SAN JOSE=Pavel Zacha
10-COLORADO=Lawson Crouse
11-FLORIDA=Mikko Rantanen
12-DALLAS=Kyle Connor
13-LA=Timo Meier
14-BOSTON=Travis Konecny
15-CALGARY=Nick Merkley
16-EDMONTON=Jeremy Roy
17-WINNIPEG=Evgeni Svechnikov
18-OTTAWA=Brock Boeser
19-DETROIT=Thomas Chabot
20-MINNESOTA=Joel Eriksson Ek
21-BUFFALO=Colin White
22-WASHINGTON=Denis Guryanov
23-VANCOUVER=Jakub Zboril
24-TORONTO=Oliver Kylington
25-WINNIPEG=Jansen Harkins
26-MONTREAL=Noah Juulsen
27-ANAHEIM=Daniel Sprong
28-TAMPA BAY=Jacob Larsson
29-PHILLY=Jake DeBrusk
30-ARIZONA=Brandon Carlo

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Trying to follow this idea through the first round.

Please make your pick clear i.e.:

McDavid

Commentary can go under it like this.

Thanks again for participating.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jake DeBrusk

Coyotes have a hard on for bloodlines. Super obvious pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I vote DeBrusk

Jake DeBrusk

Coyotes have a hard on for bloodlines. Super obvious pick.

Nicolas Meloche.

Big, mean RHD. Great at both ends of the ice.

These are actually my top two. haha.

That said, Carlo, Chlapik, Siegenthaler, Vande Sompel, Beauvillier, Mitchell Stephens, Travis Dermott, Vince Dunn, Christian Fischer, and Jeremy Bracco are all very appealing, too.

I really have a great feeling about Jake DeBrusk, though. I think my 2nd or 3rd choice will be there at 32. Jake won't be. I'd go DeBrusk

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Sorry All.

I'll restart this tomorrow.

Votes will counted then.

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
Chalpik - continue to build center depth...nice size and offensive production

Like Debrusk a lot, but we're overrun with LW prospects
Meloche should be there at 32. If not, just go with the best LHD on the board. Carlsson would be my choice given his size.

rt

May 13, 2004
The word on Meloche is that he brings that physical defensive side that Carlo does, but also has the booming shot and offensive upside that Carlo lacks.

I wouldn't mind Strome at 3, Meloche at 30, and Vande Sompel at 32.

I just like DeBrusk, is all.

rt

May 13, 2004
DeBrusk is fine but with our prospect pool overloaded w/ left-shot forwards as it is, we really need to balance things out and stock up on righties. Senyshyn, Roslovic, or Fischer at 32.

I haven't seen anything but highlights in any of the names mentioned in your post so I can't really present much of an opinion on this matter. That said, if you think your decision is a LHS with top six potential versus a RHS with middle six or bottom six upside, take the LHS. The handedness should be nothing more than a tie breaker.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I haven't seen anything but highlights in any of the names mentioned in your post so I can't really present much of an opinion on this matter. That said, if you think your decision is a LHS with top six potential versus a RHS with middle six or bottom six upside, take the LHS. The handedness should be nothing more than a tie breaker.

Senyshyn and Roslovic have Top 6 upside. Both are in McKenzkie's Top 40. Senyshyn especially seems like a RH version of Chris Kreider. Fischer is probably a middle 6 guy but his rough-and-tumble playstyle is a boon for any team.

rt

May 13, 2004
Senyshyn and Roslovic have Top 6 upside. Both are in McKenzkie's Top 40. Senyshyn especially seems like a RH version of Chris Kreider. Fischer is probably a middle 6 guy but his rough-and-tumble playstyle is a boon for any team.

I haven't seen any of them play. My point is just that handedness should be tie breaker, and not much more.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can't believe we acquired two high picks and they both finished as low as they possibly could. Hawks Stanley Cup and Rangers Presidents Trophy.

Coyotes Luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad